Excel to Revit: Schedule Not Updating

Hello,

I am new to Speckle and I am trying to update a Revit schedule using Excel as outlined in the tutorial on the subject. I have tried many different ways and times but the schedule does not update even when I only follow what is explained in the tutorial.

I have also read through all the similar questions in the community and I have not been able to find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Hey @HadiAram,

Thanks for your question and apologies for the delayed response! Let’s troubleshoot this and get it fixed. For this, I need some more infos from you:

• What version of Revit do you have and which language do you have Revit running in?
  • What version of the Revit Speckle Connector do you have isntalled?

Cheers,
Björn :speckle:

Hello @bjoern ,

No problem with the delay. I am using Revit 2023.1 and the Speckle connector I have is version 2.19.3.

Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Thanks for the information - that helped! I have raised this issue and we’ll take a deeper look - seems to be a small bug with the latest version of the Revit connector.

An interim solution:
I got it working on my side by downgrading the Revit Connector to 2.18.x using Manger (three vertical dots → available versions → …). You can give this a go BUT please do this with caution as it’s always best to keep all Connector versions in sync (i.e. version numbers the same). If you only have the Revit connector installed you can downgrade the version to 2.18 to keep playing until we have a fix on 2.19 for you! :cool_spockle:

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you for your help. I will look into the viability of downgrading the connector in the meantime if it is necessary but hopefully I should be fine without it until this bug is resolved.

1 Like

Hello again @bjoern .

I have updated my Revit connector to 2.20 and am faced with the same issue of the schedule not updating. Everything else is the same as I previously said.

I thought it would be a good idea to mention it. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @HadiAram. Thanks for mentioning it. We’ve logged this on our end and I’ll keep you posted on updates :cool_spockle:

Hi! :grinning:

I am encountering an issue with the Speckle Parameter Updater in Revit when working with shared instance parameters. Specifically, I can successfully send data from Revit to Excel, and the values are correctly updated in the Excel sheet. However, when I try to update the parameters in Excel and send the data back to Revit, the changes are not reflected in the model.

Could you please assist in identifying the cause of this issue and provide guidance on how to resolve it?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Hi, I am having the exact same issue.
From Revit to Speckle I can see my values appearing.
And when I am modifying a value on Excel, I can also see my new values on Speckle. But and I want to push them on Revit, my values are not changing. I have made several test with Project parameters, Type or instances: still nothing appearing on Revit.

Thank you !

Hi everyone!

I´ve been trying to update a schedule in revit using excel but i´m having some issues. Everything works perfectly when i send the schedule from revit to speckle and then from speckle to excel. After i do the changes in the column i want to update (without doing anything to the title of each column) i send the data to speckle through selecting the table and using the option “set range”. When i try to send this data to revit nothing changes in the schedule but the message “Receive Completed” appears.
Im sure the changes in the excel table are being sent to speckle because when i chose the option to receive the data i sent from excel to speckle back to excel the new table has those chages. Besides this I already tryed to switch the data type in excel to match the data type in revit but the problem was not solved.
I´ve checked the report on revit´s speckle window and nothing appears when i try to import the data back from speckle.
I´m using version 2.20.2 of the revit connector.
Am i doing something wrong in the process?

Thank you

Thankyou each for your reports - it does indeed seem to be something common you are facing.

We have raised an investigation ticket and will track down the cause as soon as possible. I’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

Guys @Beatriz_Jesus @IngridVDG @HadiAram good afternoon, I had a similar problem in updating fields in my Schedules. Attached is the way how I solved it.

1.- Classic export: Send Process.

2.- When I get the table in excel, I show the hidden column on the left side, fill in the information in the fields I need. In my case “Eje Alf.” and “Eje Num.”

3.- And then I select the whole table from the hidden column and the headers to the final row of my table. Then I send normally and “Ual·la!”. My table in Revit was updated.

I hope you find it useful.

4 Likes

HI @Joff_20,

Thanks for this! Could you please confirm the version of the Revit Connector you are using?

Regards,
Björn

1 Like

Hi,
I was working with Revit 2024. Perfect it worked with your proposal.
Thank you very much, i will be able to testing fully Speckle between Revit and Excel.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Joff_20

Thank you for the method. I will test it soon and provide an update regarding whether it worked.

1 Like

Hi @Joff_20 ,

Thank you for the suggestion! I tried it but it but the problem remained the same. What version of the speckle connector are you using?

3 Likes

Sure,

Revit : 2021.1.2
Manager for Speckle: v2.13.0
Revit Connector: 2.20.2

Thank you!
I´m using the same Revit Connector but the Revit version and the Manager for Speckle are both different versions, maybe thats the reason it didn´t work for me.

Guys, is there any update about this topic?