ETABS analysis results reporting to Speckle and Revit

Any updates on transferring analysis results from Etabs to Revit ?

Not yet unfortunately, we had other priorities - but it’s in the backlog!

Ok, great. Looking forward to it.

It will help for connection design of steel members.

1 Like

Could you describe your ideal workflow a bit?

Yeah Sure.

Concrete Structures:

• Exporting Analysis Results (forces and displacements) from Etabs or Safe or Sap2000 to the Revit.
  • Exporting Design Results (required longitudinal and transverse rebar area for beams, columns, slabs and foundations) from Etabs or Safe or Sap2000 to the Revit.

Steel Structures:

• Exporting Analysis Results (forces and displacements) from Etabs or Sap2000 to the Revit.

Benefits:

• When you want to model rebar in concrete structures, you know how many rebars are needed, based on the required rebar area that is imported from Etabs.
  • You can assign connection families to steel members based on the amount of forces in the members (below picture)

2 Likes

Hi Speckle :wave:

Any updates about this feature (Speckle ETABS Connector - #37) in your future Road Map?

Sorry to ask again. It’s just a big gap in my workflow and other structural fellow.

1 Like

Hey @Farzan_Bayat ,

Unfortunately, there are no updates yet on this, but I was thinking that if the results are captured from ETABS to Speckle, then maybe Dynamo could help consume them inside Revit.

1 Like

Hi @teocomi ,

I know that Etabs creates output files in Access and text format for analysis results and design results.

My problem is that how I should assign these values to correct member inside Revit using dynamo or other tools.

Main problem is on CSI and Autodesk side that haven’t created any tools for civil engineers to do this.

3 Likes