Error when trying to start Speckle connector in Revit in 2021

Getting and error when trying to load the speckle connector in Revit 2021. Currently using Version 2.17.1 and have it working in 2020 and 2023 any insight on this would be appreciated.

Revit encountered a System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘Serilog.LoggerConfiguration Serilog.Configuration.LoggerSinkConfiguration.Conditional(System.Func2<Serilog.Events.LogEvent,System.Boolean>, System.Action1<Serilog.Configuration.LoggerSinkConfiguration>)’.
at Serilog.SeqLoggerConfigurationExtensions.Seq(LoggerSinkConfiguration loggerSinkConfiguration, String serverUrl, LogEventLevel restrictedToMinimumLevel, Int32 batchPostingLimit, Nullable1 period, String apiKey, String bufferBaseFilename, Nullable1 bufferSizeLimitBytes, Nullable1 eventBodyLimitBytes, LoggingLevelSwitch controlLevelSwitch, HttpMessageHandler messageHandler, Nullable1 retainedInvalidPayloadsLimitBytes, Int32 queueSizeLimit)
at Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleLog.CreateConfiguredLogger(String hostApplicationName, String hostApplicationVersion, SpeckleLogConfiguration logConfiguration)
at Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleLog.Initialize(String hostApplicationName, String hostApplicationVersion, SpeckleLogConfiguration logConfiguration)
at Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleLog.get_Logger()
at Speckle.ConnectorRevit.Entry.SpeckleRevitCommand.Execute(ExternalCommandData commandData, String& message, ElementSet elements)
at apiManagedExecuteCommand(AString* assemblyName, AString* className, AString* vendorDescription, MFCApp* pMFCApp, DBView* pDBView, AString* message, Set<ElementId,std::less,tbb::tbb_allocator>* ids,
Map<AString,AString,std::less,tbb::tbb_allocator<std::pair<const AString,AString>>> >* data, AString* exceptionName, AString* exceptionMessage)

Hey @B.Kaiser this sounds like a conflict with another Revit or Dynamo plugin.

Are you able to look inside the existing addins folder and see if any is using a DLL with Serilog in its name?

Once you find the addin/s, you should try disabling it and trying relaunching Revit. Let me know if you need more information on how to do so.

Hi @teocomi, ya its that darn P&ID Modeler again. I had disabled it in other versions but had not done so in 2021 I remembered when I had left work last night. Disabled it this morning and I’m up and running in 2021 thanks for your reply.

If the P&ID Modeler is critical for you, you could see if the changes we’ve made in the upcoming 2.18 release fixes the issue. It may not - it would be good to check, but not critical path

P&ID I don’t think is critical for me at this time. I can absolutely update to latest and give it a shot. I’ll let you know.

@jonathon I currently have P&ID modeler disabled in all versions of Revit as Speckle was having a conflict with the naming of the Serial Log.dll should I re enable it to see if it will work with 2.18.0-rc? Could this be the issue?

@jonathon updated to 2.18.0-rc re-enabled the P&ID modeler add in and I get the conflic with the SeriLoggerConfiguration see below. Issues also still persists in my other thread regarding missing pipe exports. I will disable P&ID modeler for now and continue my testing with 2.18.0-rc

Thanks for testing that so speedily - I am investigating your other issue separately - this was an opportunity to offer a possible solution (or not as it turns out)