Dynamo code block not working in Revit 2023

Hey @Lazarica_Tesu I was just about replying to your github issue :slight_smile:
We’re not sure exactly what the cause is, but it’s clearly dut to a DLL conflict.

I see you have a few Dynamo packages installed, could you try temporarily disabling them by moving them out of the Dynamo packages folder and see if anything changes?
We should then do the same for every Revit plugin, until we find what’s conflicting.

Ok, so I did some testing and it seams for me it’s an Revit add-on that is causing the conflict. The add-on is called Orkestra, we use it in the company for Dynamo script management.
But for Revit 2023… indeed GenerativeDesignForRevit.addin is causing issues as well (so for Revit 2023 I had to disable both Orkestra and Gen Design for it to work :expressionless: )

1 Like

Thank you @Lazarica_Tesu, for the investigative effort. It is a maze of shared/conflicting resources. We can look if there is anything we can do, but often it is in the hands of others. Your pinpointing really helps.

Could you please give our pre-release 2.13.0-alpha3 a quick try and see if, by any chance it solves the conflict?

Here’s how to install it: Manager | Speckle Docs

Nope, Code Blocks still not working

Thanks for checking @Lazarica_Tesu !
We’re running a bit out of ideas here, and probably only the Dynamo team can help us understand what’s causing the conflict, checking their forum it seems several other addins have been causing similar problems.

There’s an open thread here if you feel like bumping it :slight_smile: Code Block not working due to conflict - #11 by teocomi - Developers - Dynamo

Hi @teocomi Any news about this problem? We have the same. Do you know if the bug is fixed for Revit 2024? Thanks

Hey @mirko.maccarronello unfortunately we’re depending a bit on Autodesk for this one and so far they haven’t helped us figure things out. Does the workaround above work for you?

Good news is that I just checked and in 2024 I could not reproduce it anymore.
Please note that Dynamo for Revit 2024 will be released in our upcoming 2.16 version.

Good news if is not reproduced in Revit 2024. I will suggest to my colleagues to use Revit 2024 if they need to use Speckle Connector for Revit. Thanks

2 Likes

Seems to be working now :smiley: even on older versions of Revit/Dynamo

1 Like