Data Transfer QGIS to REVIT , more than geometry

Hello
I have done the steps and the connection between QGIS and Revit works fine. The geometries have been transmitted. I wonder, if it is possible to also transmit object data (information associated with the element). I have seen that in the application there is no possibility to configure the field mapping, that a property in my QGIS layer can be transferred to Revit.
You have it raised or, it exists and I can’t find the way to execute it? Thanks

5 Likes

Buenas @Agusti_Jardi_Margale!!

I’m not sure this is supported yet, but it is an interesting request. We’re currently looking into improvements on how to “map” information between different software with our new “Mapping Tool”.
It’s very early stages and right now it just allows to map 1 object to another, not properties, but we’ve talked about property mapping too (no timeline yet)

As for the QGIS->Revit workflow specifics, I’ll refer to @Kateryna and @connor to see if they have any ideas on how this would work.

Also this may be an interesting conversation for @jonathon.

2 Likes

Hi @Agusti_Jardi_Margale , it’s an interesting use case!
Could you tell a bit more about the process and desired outcome: where was the QGIS geometry originally created (in QGIS or received via Speckle from another software), and as what kind of object do you expect it to be received in Revit? You could also attach the link to the public stream with some example of the elements you are sending :upside_down_face:

Thanks Kateryna for your response.
The geometry has been generated in QGIS. The workflow would be the following: from a public geoportal I download the information of some parcels, then in QGIS I carry out the adaptation. The idea was to be able to transmit to Revit, not only the geometry but also the data (plot reference). I’ve done more tests, to look to find a possible common data between Revit and QGIS after the transmission. In this case, just by having a match field between the Revit and QGIS data, it would have been easier to link all the data and properties. However, I have not found any common ground.

1 Like

You can achieve that using little bit of Dynamo. You can access all the geometry and parameters coming from QGIS. If you need any help with that, feel free to share a sample model and i’d be happy to give it a go.

Just letting you know it’s still an open question, will keep you updated if there are any solutions without using Dynamo :ok_hand:

1 Like