Curtain Wall Material Quantities not sent

Hi @jonathon

I believe I found my way in in PowerBI, however now, and looking through the Web Viewer I found out that some categories won’t have the ‘material quantities’ tree, which I am using to take off the area, volumes and the materialrefID.

For example the Wall (Curtain Wall - Family) and it’s components.

Would you know if this is not exported or should be found elsewhere on those categories?

Example below:

Thanks,

Hey @bmc ,

I took a quick look and looks like we don’t send that information for curtain walls. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we’ll do our best to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to report this, it helps a lot🤗!

3 Likes

Thanks @gokermu happy to help, FYI it is not just curtain wall, there are other categories missing,

Regards,

I wasn’t aware of that. Please feel free to share any other categories you have in mind.

FYI, this is being already resolved as part of this PR, and will be included in 2.16.

1 Like

Great that is being updated, thanks for that,

@gokermu the other identified categories are:

Conduits
Ducts
Duct Fittings
Duct Insulations
Flex Ducts
Flex Pipes
Electrical Equipments
Electrical Fixtures
Entourage
Mechanical Equipment
Pads
Pipes
Pipe Insulations
Plumbing Fixtures
Planting
Railings-placed on stairs
Roof-Curtain panel/rooflights
Structural Beam Systems
Topography
Walls-Curtain Walls
Structural Trusses

2 Likes

Hey @bmc ,

Thank you so much for giving us the list of categories! We really appreciate it. We’ll go through it and keep you posted on our progress.

We’ve actually updated the logic, so it’s no longer an hard-coded list of categories, but all the ones of type Model, Internal and AnalyticalModel will now be sent. Change coming in 2.16!

1 Like

Sounds good! Thanks for the updates. Any timeframe should we expect the 2.16?

You can see our typical release cadence here: Releases · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub

1 Like

Yup, first release candidate is scheduled for end of this week, and stable in 2-3 weeks from now.

1 Like

Hey @bmc,

We recently published the release candidate for 2.16. Install it using Manager and let us know what you think.

Hi, I tried the RC1 and now RC3 and it is still no luck from me :frowning: . It does not connect the account to the RVT connector, see post here: Revit Connector 2.16RC unable to connect to accounts or streams - Help - Speckle Community

I tried removing the connector and installing back in, tried removing account and log back.

Please let me know if you believe it could be something from my end I could try.

Thanks,

Hi, just wanted to give you an update. The V2.16.3 now connect and works fine, and has resolved most of the missing categories mentioned above. But I noticed the some yet miss it as follows:

Entourage
Pads
Railings
Top Rails
Topography

Kind Regards,

Release 2.17 is being internally tested this week. It includes this change:

which in turn incorporated a lot from:

Which is a set of workarounds in the Revit API for which certain material values are not returned straightforwardly. It incorporates a great deal of work by our friends at Gaiup for which we are thankful.

I cannot say that all of your list will be covered; while I know that Railings were and some fixes for other categories end up coming for “free” I suspect that Entourage hasn’t been a target for inspection. We can test against this list and report back when 2.17 release notes are available.

Thanks for the updates jonathon