Creating New Model in UI should change the model to the newly created one

I am the Speckle champion in my company, so do a lot of trainings for new users where I watch them use speckle for the first time.

One of the small things that trips up people is when they create a new model in Revit/Rhino/etc… everyone assumes that the active model is the newly created one, but its not. (I believe it remains on whatever model was already active.) After they create a new model, they have to click back on the same part and select the new one.

Assuming this is not a bug, I’m requesting that when a new model is created that it changes the active model to the new one.

I’m trying to identify from your description where things are getting confused.

Correct me if I’m wrong anywhere in this…

1. In the Revit Speckle connector, “Add New Model”
    Screenshot 2024-07-26 183847

2. Creating a new mode with a simple name

3. the created model is automatically set

ALTERNATIVELY

1. a model name that is not straightforward

2. The UI reverts to a default model or some last selected one - its normally main for me

3. The model was created but will now need to be selected

Is this the behaviour you are describing?? - if so this is an acknowledged flaw in the UI framework we have setup right now.

All connectors are being refactored with an entirely new UI and workflow so this is one of many wrinkles that we a re ironing out.

1 Like

the second scenario is what im describing. I usually instruct people to add the source of the model in the name, so its usually ‘rhino/site’ or ‘revit/structure’ so its defaulting back to ‘main’.

glad to hear its already on the list :smiley:
thanks for responding.

1 Like