CORS issues from Retool

Hey @iainsproat, I am getting the same issue as this previous issue CORS issues when connecting to Speckle when trying to embed a speckle model in retool.com.

Is there any way to allow requests from retool?

1 Like

Hey @TheHoff I’ve managed to embed Speckle models in Retool – what Retool component are you using? I’ll dig up my demo and see if I can post it here for you.

1 Like

@TheHoff

This is the iFrame component in Retool – you have to enable the iFrames Top Level Navigation and Storage & Cookies interaction settings, and just use the models url, not the iframe code. Model obviously has to be set to sharable as well.

If you want more control I think you can use the Http component, but there’s more involved with setting that up.

4 Likes

You’ve both inspired us; we should create a retool demo/tutorial.

2 Likes

Thanks @jonathon – more than happy to contribute one if that would be helpful :v:

1 Like

Well I’ll have to learn too :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey @lukxfnz thanks for the replies. I was using the iframe component. I appreciate the posts. I will try again looking at the settings for storage and cookies. I noted in the f12 menu for the page, it had a CORs issue. I was thinking speckle was blocking the retool.com url.

It worked… nice. Thanks for the tips.

3 Likes

Replied too quickly – glad it worked :+1:

1 Like

4 Likes