Compare versions on Speckle Vewer

From a helpfulness point of you, I would like to see it as an overlay in authoring apps rather than having to export it, and then parse it as a human

1 Like

Instead of exporting it as a file, would it be useful to store the diff report in a diff model (branch)? Then people can pull it into Excel or anywhere else and do with it as they please.

2 Likes

Dear Specklers,
I toyed around with the diffing a bit and also tried out a combination with the section box. The section box does not show the diffing state when the section plane is active. After deselecting it, it shows the diffing state. You see the spooky situation in the image below. I don’t know if you are already aware of this but wanted to mention it :).

Best,
Alex

2 Likes

Hi @AlexHofbeck

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We’ll look into it!

Cheers

I’m not sure where I wrote it, but my remarks were about the diffing and the comments. Diffs can be part of comments …
Viewer - Diffing Tests - Speckle]}

but by switching the comment or leaving it, diff stays on. See the comments of Dimitrie (link). It is not an issue of functionality but more of usability. I believe that you have more pressing matters than this on your task list, just wanted to keep this visible.

1 Like