Commit tab in QGIS?

Hi! I am trying to connect QGIS with Revit and when I try to create a stream and I want to send it, it comes in Revit but I cannot receive because I get a notification saying I have to fill the ‘commit’ dropdown list…The commit tab does not work in QGIS!
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Nora_Temaj ,

Sorry for the late reply. Can you give a bit more context? What are you trying to achieve? Send from QGIS and receive in Revit? Or something else?

Hi! I am trying to send data from QGIS to Revit but, when I do that the ‘commit’ tab does not work. In the meantime I receive the data but I cannot use it!!

That is clearer, thankyou @Nora_Temaj

So if no commit was possible from QGIS, then it makes sense none is available in Revit.

To make a commit in the Speckle QGIS connector 2.12 and later, the UI methodology has changed from previous versions.

Below the Send button, select “Send Selected Layers.”
Screenshot 2023-03-20 194856

and then choose the layers to send from the Layers panel

Then send.

1 Like

If you want to set that to use again, Select the layer in the same way in the Layers panel.

Then the Set current layer selection:

Will add that layer to your saved layers.

1 Like

Hi @Nora_Temaj ! In addition to what Jonathon has explained, I wanted to add that the commit dropdown is not supposed to be editable when you send the data. It is populated with the commits available on the server (for example, a new commit will be added once you send the data to the stream and refresh the plugin).

BUT! From your screenshot I can see that the Send button is inactive, so you cannot click it to send the data. Not sure what the problem is, try to switch between Send/Receive tabs, or refresh the plugin. It should look like this: