can't find Create New Stream, only Create Project

Hi, I’m new to Speckle and am trying to export Rhino 3D models to Blender for rendering and animation. I set up an account, downloaded the Manager and Rhino + Blender Connectors, but when I go into the software and open up Speckle, there is no option for creating a new stream. I am only offered Create Project. There is no error message and the plugin seems to be running, just no options for creating streams anywhere.

Attaching a screenshot of the Rhino window popup after Speckle command.
The only option I’m presented with is Create New Project, where I can upload my model to the online 3D viewer. I did this yet I still cannot find any buttons for creating new streams even on the browser viewer…! Am I missing some crucial installation / registration step? How do I get that popup screen shown in the tutorials to create new streams?! Thanks in advance.

Hey @amlowres,

I don´t think that you are doing something wrong.

Last year we announced the “Great Rename”, where Streams are renamed to Projects.

More info here:

So when you create a new Project you essentially creating a new Stream. Now, inside the Project you can add multiple Models, and each Model can have multiple Versions.

I hope it´s clear now :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have more questions.

1 Like

@amlowres I assume you are either following a tutorial post or Youtube video - we are in the process of updating or tagging these wherever we can. Apologies for the confusion. If you could let us know which form/location you were following we will make sure that isn’t missed.

Thanks so much!! That clears everything up. :smiley_spockle:

The tutorials I came across that referenced Streams are here:

Thanks again!!

And this one: