Can't Download connectors from releases.speckle.dev

Hello everyone,

I am new to the platform and can’t download the connectors from releases.speckle.dev
To assist you better, please consider providing:

• Objective: Can’t Download and install connectors

• Issue: releases.speckle.dev took too long to respond

• Example: Help us reproduce the issue by attaching sample files, giving a step-by-step reproduction guide and screenshots/videos if available

• Speckle link: releases.speckle.dev

• Logs: If the issue regards our desktop connectors, please share the relevant logs you find under: %appdata%/Speckle/Logs

Thanks for joining us @kunle

If you need individual installers the better link would be https://releases.speckle.systems/ however the more convenient method of keeping up to date is to use Speckle Manager.

Thank you for your response. On the manager, I still can’t download the connectors, It’s showing “other connectors not availiable on manager”

If you click the News tab, does anything show up?

This is looking like a connectivity issue, but there’s not a lot to go on. Yet.

If you are able to share the Manager’s logs (available from the settings gear top right)

Are you working from a corporate network? Using a vpn?

2 Likes

Yes, the news tab is showing, and I can see some news there. I am connected to a normal internet connection that works for other sites. I am not able to upload the logs as a txt, as it says new users cannot upload to the platform.

I have elevated your trust status :cool_spockle:

Okay Thank you. Here it’s
SpeckleCoreLog20240721_002.txt (363 Bytes)

Any solution, please?

Based on the logs (minimal arent they) it is at it says it is, something is causing 2 versions of Manager to be running at the same time.

But, the inner logging we can extract from that shows that Manager is unable to reach the releases.speckle.dev page - hence download is not possible

So that URL is blocked by your system or network if you cant reach it via browser nor manager

Okay just a quick update, I have changed my ISP and it now works, wonder why it didn’t work with the previous network provider. Thank you

1 Like