Cannot get Speckle show on revit

hi, I cannot get Speckle show on revit

anyboty can have a help, thks in advance

Hi @Zhou_Li, let’s try and improve your first Speckle experience.

Can you specify the version of the Manager you are using?
What version of the Revit Connector have you tried to install?
Are you installing for All Users or just yourself?
Are you within a corporate firewall or VPN?

Hi, Jonathon, thank you very much for prompt response,

please be informed my settings:

Version of the Manager: 2.9.8
Revit 22.1 & 23
install for all users
firewall _ off; no VPN

thank you

Did you install Revit connector via Manager? Manager is like our App store for Speckle where we publish our connectors.

i see, thank you, forget last time had unstalled it, it works now

thks again!

Great to hear that! Feel free to report any other issues you face.

1 Like

Hello, sir,

I met the same situation again, this time I already have revit connector installed

revit_23 seems could’t find speckle

so did Revit 22.1

could you please suggestion /any idea on this? thank you

Hello @Zhou_Li

Thanks for reporting this issue. The first thing I would try is to uninstall and reinstall the Revit connector.

If that doesn’t work then could you check the Speckle plugin location? You can type the following in the address bar of the windows file explorer
%appdata%\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2023

There should be a file named SpeckleRevit2.addin as well as a folder with the same name (minus the file extension of course)

thk you, sir, reinstall and reboot computer, then it works!

But I also have another question: when I use speckle in Rhino, it crashed!

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough quota is available to process this command
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[END ERROR]

It repeats again & again, when ever anything concerned with speckle, could anyone can help? thanks in advance!!!

Hey @Zhou_Li I’m sorry you’re facing this issue, I’m not sure if this is a good solution but you could try the following: Solved: Not Enough Quota Is Available to Process This Command