Cannot access GIS attributes when QGIS → Rhino or Revit

QGIS → Grasshopper does give me access to the GIS attributes, but QGIS → Rhino doesn’t:

Also no properties in Revit:

(screenshot by @martijn_v_blijswijk)

2 Likes

Hi,

It would be cool if someone help @martijn_v_blijswijk and me with this or point us in the direction of a work around. We’re planning to use this for the Speckle Hackathon :slight_smile:

@gokermu, would this be your area of expertise?

2 Likes

Hi all,

@JoostGevaert Thanks for introducing our problem :slight_smile:

Regarding the Revit attribute receiving problem, I just found in another post that the parameters should already be in Revit before receiving. I think with a workaround in dynamo, we can receive the geometry, get the attribute data, create the parameters, and fill them with the data all in one step.

1 Like

I can potentially hotfix adding GIS attributes as user strings in Rhino. For Revit, there isn’t anything quick we can do on our end afaik, but if the Rhino fix would be useful I can get to that asap with @Kateryna

4 Likes

GIS attributes to Rhino user_strings would definitely be very useful!
Thanks so much!

3 Likes

hotfix incoming, track here: github

@Kateryna is making some updates to the 2.19 QGIS connector as well to send a new GisFeature object instead of the old PolygonElement object: this hotfix should allow you to see attributes on both old and new QGIS commits

2 Likes