Blender 4.1 User Account seems not reachable

Thank you for seeking help! Our friendly community is here to assist you. :pray:

To assist you better, please consider providing:

• would like to use Speckle in Blender 4.1 or 4.0. but both are not working

• got the message: Python: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\u4XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators\users.py", line 103, in execute raise Exception("Zero valid user accounts were found, please ensure account is valid and the server is running") Exception: Zero valid user accounts were found, please ensure account is valid and the server is running

Steps I tried.

• deleted the existing add-In
    installed lates one is now on 2.19.1

connected the “manager” with online library, have some projects and items there, all fine

• no log for Blender in Folder

Thanks for help.

Hi @HeinrichBoldtGetinge,

Please make sure you have installed Manager for Speckle and have authenticated an account under the Accounts tab.

If you’re still having problems after performing this step.
You could try disabling any VPNs or try a different network.
Some corporate networks/VPNs may be configured to restrict access to the internet.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions work for you, I can assist further if needed.

Hi Jedd

thanks for mentioning, maybe VPN is the key. most servisec are fine working with VPN, assigning/Log in worked, I can see that the manager is online. but in Blender it doesnt work. will test it on monday, sorry its weekend now :smiley:

sorry to say,

I tried again, no VPN but still not able to connect.
the Manager is connected

also tried with the Revit Connector, also no problem to load new things to Speckle.

hmm ok,
Everything in Manager looks correct. Very odd…

I’ll do some investigation my end and see if I can identify the problem.

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem :-(. So I guess it is not on my end :-). Thanks for the help to resolve, My first attempt on that plug-in

1 Like

Hi @HeinrichBoldtGetinge,

Can I get you to try something for me please.

If you open the system console via Window -> Toggle System Console
And then press the Refresh button in Speckle Blender connector tab.

You should find that a more informative log is printed to console. Please can you copy/screenshot the report and post it here. This will help me understand the precise problem.
Thanks for your patience.

If you have a similar problem, and have followed the same steps as I previously mentioned (ensuring your account is added in Manager, tried turning off VPNs, trying another network, etc.)

Then perhaps you could also follow the instructions above, and send me the console output.

Hello, here is the message first after opening Blender

Read prefs: "C:\Users\phmclean\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\config\userpref.blend"
Starting module dependency installation
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\4.1\python\bin\python.exe
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\4.1\python\Lib\site-packages\_distutils_hack\__init__.py:33: UserWarning: Setuptools is replacing distutils.
  warnings.warn("Setuptools is replacing distutils.")
Using connector installation path C:\Users\phmclean\AppData\Roaming\Speckle\connector_installations\Blender 4.1
Installing Speckle dependencies to C:\Users\phmclean\AppData\Roaming\Speckle\connector_installations\Blender 4.1
Successfully found dependencies
Then I did refresh on Speckle plug-in
SpeckleBlender: Loading users...
SpeckleBlender: Failed to authenticate user account pierre.houde.mclean@wsp.com with server https://app.speckle.systems: SpeckleException: Failed to execute the GraphQL active_user request. Inner exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='app.speckle.systems', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /graphql (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1006)')))
SpeckleBlender: Authenticated 0/1 accounts
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\phmclean\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators\users.py", line 103, in execute
    raise Exception("Zero valid user accounts were found, please ensure account is valid and the server is running")
Exception: Zero valid user accounts were found, please ensure account is valid and the server is running
Erreur: Python : Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\phmclean\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators\users.py", line 103, in execute
    raise Exception("Zero valid user accounts were found, please ensure account is valid and the server is running")
Exception: Zero valid user accounts were found, please ensure account is valid and the server is running

This appears to indicate an issue where certain corporate networks replace SSL certificates with a proxy certificate in order to inspect traffic.

I’ll have a chat with our team and get back to you with our findings.

@HeinrichBoldtGetinge When you get the time,
I’d appreciate if you can send me your console logs too, as you may be seeing a different problem to @McLean

Hi @Jedd

Read prefs: "C:\Users\u4014125\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\config\userpref.blend"
register_class(...):
Info: Registering operator class: 'OBJECT_OT_AlignOperator', bl_idname 'object.align' has been registered before, unregistering previous
Starting module dependency installation
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\4.1\python\bin\python.exe
Using connector installation path C:\Users\u4014125\AppData\Roaming\Speckle\connector_installations\Blender 4.1
Installing Speckle dependencies to C:\Users\u4014125\AppData\Roaming\Speckle\connector_installations\Blender 4.1
Successfully found dependencies
SpeckleBlender: Loading users...
SpeckleBlender: Failed to authenticate user account heinrich.boldt@getinge.com with server https://app.speckle.systems: SpeckleException: Failed to execute the GraphQL active_user request. Inner exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='app.speckle.systems', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /graphql (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1006)')))
SpeckleBlender: Authenticated 0/1 accounts
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\u4014125\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators\users.py", line 103, in execute
Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\u4014125\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators\users.py", line 103, in execute

this is what I get,
had to activate the Plug-In, tried to reinstall the new one.

from company IT we have a new Firewall-Application since mid of last week. maybe this might effect.

here is also the log of the Manager,
SpeckleCoreLog20240603_001.txt (1.4 KB)

hi @Jedd
is that helpfull? or do you need something more?

Thanks @HeinrichBoldtGetinge for the info.
Looks to be a similar SSL issue related to corporate networks.

I’ll need some time to investigate our options.

If you need a fix urgently, you could use a different network / mobile hotspot.

At least the idea with mobile hotspot does not help.
same issue.
I have another device, thought about run installation for Blender and Speckle there as well, but remembered about McLean, that he has same issue as me.

Waiting for solition

Thanks for your patience,
Our team will take a look next week to see if we can provide a solution that meets our security requirements.
In the mean time, you may consider contacting your IT department.

I’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

maybe it is because the company installed the tool “ZSCALER” for more stable and secure control of bad pages and a stalbe SSL check.

Hello, we do have zscaller also in our company. tried this mornign and still not able to acess Speckle addon in Blender :frowning:

@McLean and @HeinrichBoldtGetinge we don’t have working knowledge of how zscale operates, but our address to whitelist in case it has this facility to pass to your IT departments is found here: FAQs - The Speckle server is unreachable

1 Like