Beta Testing Features

Hi, I would love to be a tester. :partying_face:

Hi @Zhuangkh, check your email (the one you used to register on the forum) - just sent you an invite there!

(@chuongmep - you’re already in!)

3 Likes

Thanks, already joined :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello @Insiders - and anyone else here interested!

We have been doing some major refactoring of the code behind some of our conversion routines and have likewise been adding tons of new features and fixing several bugs. :bug:

Therefore we’d really appreciate it if you could install and report any bugs you might encounter in our 2.12 alpha release of the connectors.

NOTE: alpha releases might contain unstable code

How to install it?

It’s simple! Just open Manager and update your connectors to 2.12.alpha :rocket:.
Keep us posted, you know we :heart: feedback!

P.S.
A full changelog of this release and stable versions will follow in the next weeks.

https://giphy.com/gifs/hells-kitchen-hells-kitchen-gordon-ramsay-l3V0H7bYv5Ml5TOfu

2 Likes

I’m interested in taking part in this too!

Hey @n.klatte welcome here! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: if you’d like :slight_smile:

I’ll send an invitation to our test server to your email.

If you are still looking for testers and feedback on the nonprod features, I’d be happy to help.

2 Likes

Hello @Insiders & anyone else interested,

Version 2.13 of our (.NET based) connectors has just been shipped as a Release Candidate :rocket:
Lots of effort went into this one, although mostly as behind-the-scenes improvements, you can see the full changelog here and we will provide a more human friendly one soon with the stable release.

As always, we would appreciate it immensely if you could give it a spin :dizzy: and report any bugs!
Here’s how to install early releases:

Manager_vVXCKPG5Er

2 Likes

Not yet available for me.
(But not sure if there is a RC for Blender too ?)

Edit, ok Blender still beta 0.
No Blender changes in RC change log.

Correct, that link is just for our .net connectors, blender and other python/ruby connectors have a separate release pipeline so no RC for them yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Blender crew are as hard at work as you are enthusiastic to test for them :smiley:

1 Like

Can you add me too? I’m very interested.

Hi @Phil_Southwell, just sent an invite your way for latest.speckle.dev. There’s not much difference at the moment between the mainline version of the server and the “bleeding edge” (emphasis at the moment, some big changes are coming :sunglasses:). If you’re looking for connector alphas, @teocomi’s reply above should get you going (manager settings → enable pre releases or something like that!)

1 Like

Happy Friday @Insiders and anyone else from the @Community ! :balloon:

We are working on a new user interface for our connectors and we’d really appreciate it if you could spare 5 minutes to help us test a prototype. :pray:

Info: The prototype only consists in a page with a button, as we first want to see if the technologies behind it work before spending time designing it further. For the curious ones :nerd_face:, this user interface uses web technologies and WebView2/Cef instead of being built in C# and Avalonia. One of the various reasons for the switch is that this will allow us to embed the 3D viewer directly inside most connectors :fire:.

How to test it

To test this feature, you must have either Revit 2022, Revit 2023 or Rhino 7 (for Windows) installed and Speckle Manager with at least one account. The more you can test with, the better!

1. Install the beta version named 2.13.0-prototypeDUI3 of the Rhino and/or Revit connectors
    dui3-install

2. Open a Rhino and/or Revit project containing some geometry/elements

3. Click on the ribbon button in Revit or in Rhino (or run the SpeckleWebUI command in Rhino), this should open a new dockable panel with the test UI (NOTE: in Revit it will also automatically open the “DevTools” window)

4. Click on “Send Everything Test”

5. There is no progress bar currently, but you should see a notification when the operation has finished

6. Open your default Speckle account and check if there is a new stream called "DUI Test Stream

7. If Dynamo user, make sure everything works there as usual too

8. That’s it! Let us know below if it worked or not

9. You can now go back to the stable version of your connectors and install 2.13.1 again

How to report bugs

If you’ve encountered any issues during the process, please drop us a reply below with:

• What issue you have encountered, and when
  • Full version of Revit/Rhino
  • What other plugins have you installed in Revit/Rhino/Dynamo/Grasshopper
  • If the UI opened up correctly, click on “Show Dev Tools” > “Console” and take a screenshot

Thanks in advance to all of you for giving this a go!

3 Likes

I’d add that you should test this with small files.

We aren’t testing the conversions here - just which host app versions the UI works with—no need to stress you or us out with massive model sends. Feel free to be creative, of course.

1 Like

Worked fine for me. With Rhino 7

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know @CCal!

The big suspects are old versions of Revit (2020-2022), also together with Dynamo OR pretty much with many other plugins. Things work fine on our end, but we want to avoid as much as possible the “works on my computer” effect, hence this call out. We’re also a bit PTSD’ed in this regard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
The UI doesn’t look like the one that you posted and I had to try the install a few times before it worked.
Revit version:
I also have Dynamo installed

I hope that it helps

1 Like

Hello,

For Revit 2022, it’s working fine with sending everything as mentioned in the test post.

For Revit 2022, and trying to send from the dynamo connector I get this error below when the DUI version is installed.
EDIT: Working fine I missed to install the respective Dynamo version.

For Revit 2021, not sure if it is relevant or not since you mentioned 2022/2023, but the WebUI button is not showing.

1 Like

Looks good on my system using the Revit Basic Sample Project, Revit 2022.

2 Likes