Bentley connector not showing up in ORD2022

Hey @SpeckleTeam,

I am currently struggling to get the Bentley connector to show up in my toolbar of ORD 2022. I installed it via the manager (following the instructions of the docs), but it is not showing in my ribbon. Can you help me? I am preparing a demo and I wanted to show this as well.

Thanks!

Hey @Dickels112 , the Bentley connectors are a community contribution maintained by Arup.

Pinging @JdB and @jenessa.man who can hopefully help!

1 Like

@JdB, @jenessa.man can you help me please?

An update (thx @clrkng for support)
The tab Speckle2 is now showing up, with only ‘Connector Openroads’ as a button.
I solved this by copying the .cfg file of this:
C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenRoads Designer CE 10.10\Configuration\Organization
to
C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenRoads Designer CE 10.12\Configuration\Organization

I think when installing from the manager, the .cfg file is not copied correctly to all installed ORD versions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @Dickels112 , indeed our installer only has a hardcoded path for the ORD CE 10.10 version. I’ve created a GitHub issue here to track: https://github.com/specklesystems/speckle-sharp-ci-tools/issues/113

I believe it was initially developed for:

• MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 14
  • OpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition 2020 R3
  • OpenRail Designer CONNECT Edition 2020 R3
  • OpenBuildings Designer CONNECT Edition Update 6

But good to see you’ve got it working in ORD 2022! Some time ago, I’ve also tested it in some other versions as per the initial list (e.g. MicroStation CE Update 15, OpenRoads Designer CE 2021). It should also work in OpenBridge Modeller CE.

No chance of backward porting to AECOSim/Microstation SELECT 5?