Beta Testing Features

I would like to become a tester, please!

1 Like

@JdB it turns out an addin shipped with Revit was conflicting with one of our dependencies, could you please try with 2.2.1-beta when you get a chance?

@bcall invited! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am interested to be a tester. Loving the product and the community is awesome

Cool, check your inbox for an invite to latest.speckle.dev :sunglasses: currently we’ve just pushed out a release, so there’s not much difference between the bleeding edge and the stable https://speckle.xyz, but as we go ahead things will diverge.

1 Like

For Revit 2020 and 2021 the new beta works like a charm (for 1 floor from Rhino to Revit)! :sunglasses:

Revit 2019 gives an error. I have polluted that version of Revit with to much addins, which might cause the error :sweat_smile:. Would you like me to run some script to get a proper overview of all addins and dependencies?

Screenshot of my Revit 2019 top bar (showing a bunch of the addins):

The error in Revit 2019:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Text.Json, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))
   at Speckle.Core.Api.Operations.<Receive>d__3.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   at Speckle.Core.Api.Operations.Receive(String objectId, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransport remoteTransport, ITransport localTransport, Action`1 onProgressAction, Action`2 onErrorAction, Action`1 onTotalChildrenCountKnown, Boolean disposeTransports, SerializerVersion serializerVersion)
   at Speckle.ConnectorRevit.UI.ConnectorBindingsRevit.<ReceiveStream>d__5.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\ConnectorRevit\ConnectorRevit\UI\ConnectorBindingsRevit.Receive.cs:line 62
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Speckle.DesktopUI.Streams.StreamsRepository.<ConvertAndReceive>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\DesktopUI\DesktopUI\Streams\StreamsRepository.cs:line 46

Hey @JdB I think that’s not needed, as we’ve already completely removed the dependency on System.Text.Json so that error will go away soon :slight_smile:
Since you also posted this message, con you confirm you still have problems sending with the latest beta release?

Sounds good!

That post is based on the latest beta release or am I missing something? As mentioned in that post I’m using this version:

Gotcha, so you can now receive but still have issues sending… We’ll do more digging!

1 Like

Hey I’m interested in being a tester. Just getting my head around it atm and testing how I can use it on projects.

2 Likes

Hi @davewilson! I’ll send over an invite for https://latest.speckle.dev in a bit; currently the caveat applies: bleeding edge = what’s released on the general availability server at https://speckle.xyz.

We’re going to be pushing out some new beta releases soon-ish, so stay tuned for the desktop side of things too!

1 Like

Hey Jeroen, @JdB

When you get a chance, could you please see if this nasty error has gone away after installing 2.2.2-beta?
If not, let’s coordinate a quick video call via email :roll_eyes:

1 Like

For Revit 2019 and 2020 it is fixed! However, Revit 2021 crashes when I click the “Create a new stream” button.

1 Like

Cool! My guess is that’s a separate issue, let’s coordinate by mail for a quick call.
Thanks again for testing!

1 Like

Great stuff - I`d love to contribute as a tester :slight_smile:

Invited!
Feel free to Introduce yourself 🙆 and star :star: our repos :slight_smile:

Thank you for our quick call! My issue is fixed with the latest release. It’s now also working in Revit 2021!

1 Like

Hey @teocomi,

can I get an invite too please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I am interested to join as a tester. Can’t wait to try what’s cooking!

1 Like

Invited! Looking forward to your feedback!

Hi I would like to be a tester