Why Revit objects are transformed into Mesh objects

I used Speckle 2.13.3/2.13.2 Revit plugin to publish BIM model files, and some objects were converted to Mesh, even the built-in family objects like windows were converted to Mesh, and these windows were not separately identified and picked up in the Speckle 3D view of the browser. The same model I posted a month ago, the same window object was identified as Family instance and did not appear to be converted to Mesh.

![29e840f8eaf024a7b2278627197f5d0|690x268]

(upload://5NSsgtgMCXiZU43CgwxZH7QLAp5.jpeg)

Hello @Liu_Weijia welcome to our community!

Can you explain your workflow? You sent objects from Revit and received them where?

Most objects will look like meshes in the viewer, but we keep the “source information”, so if you receive them in Revit, native elements are created.

Thank you @teocomi for responding to my question so quickly, I just published the model to the web side first and didn’t use the desktop side to receive it, I want to make sure the object is correctly identified before receiving it (each object has a unique ID, and its category is not a mesh object). I’m curious why I don’t have this problem when I posted the same model to the web side a month ago, but now I have this problem. I understand what you said about the exchange process, in time the middle is not correctly identified but the receiver is correct, but some users will build their own application based on Speckle service, and it will also encounter the problem that the object class is not correctly identified.

I’m not sure what you mean by the model not being correctly identified. Can you please explain maybe with some screenshots of what you see and what you were expecting instead?

I think I understand the problem - it’s probably related to the new instancing classes we introduced that is throwing off the selection logic in the viewer.

I’ll add it this to our docket.

2 Likes

@Liu_Weijia, this is fixed on our bleeding edge “latest” server (latest.speckle.dev) - let me know if you want to test sending there and i can send you an invite!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, the problem has been confirmed to be solved and the Speckle development team is really exceptionally responsive. However, I have encountered a new problem. About the separation of Revit models after publishing to Speckle web side, this is rare but it does happen.

1 Like

We are chipping away and confidently close to resolving all the edge cases of Revit internal inconsistencies with respect to Family Instances.

Our imminent Release Candidate for 2.15 should encapsulate the latest of these.

Because we are a community serving and community powered development team we benefit hugely with any example files you have that perform the way you describe.

For a description of the new problem, please check this link, thanks :grinning: Revit models are separated