Where is Revit storing the history of the Speckle Receive?

Hello dear Specklers,

this is a complicated case about Updating a Revit Model … and I don’t want to bother you with unnecessary details because this is a user issue on our end.

The rough situation in case you want to really read it
  • initial Revit Model in concrete was modelled manually in Revit
  • We scripted a steel bridge for the concrete buildings in Grasshopper and send it to Revit
  • After a while the architect wanted to change its design
  • After modifying the design and receiving the new geometry in Revit. The beams are now send on the wrong height whatever we are doing … in Rhino and in the Grasshopper definition they were right
  • Hint: Colleagues deleted the initial received beams
  • The strange thing … receiving the geometry in a new file and it is completely correct … receiving it in the inital Revit file … wrong height
  • The coordinate system is fine too.

We solved it for now by receiving the geometry again into a clean slate file and then linking it into the original Revit Model … binding it afterwards.

Now to my question:
I have the feeling that there is something messed up in the initial Revit project file. Where is Speckle storing the information of the history? …We want to create a clean slate inside of the original Revit file and try again

I want to spare you with more details and from investing time for the deconstruction of this issue, therefore I did not attach any files to this post. I’m happy with a simple answer … in case there is one :slight_smile:

Thanks and all the best,
Alex

CC @ltascheva, @mtam

Hey @AlexHofbeck

If my memory doesn’t fail me, the details of the send/receive history are stored per stream card.

Meaning, if you delete the card in your Speckle UI that points to that stream, save the document and add the stream again, this should have the effect of deleting any information stored about previous operations and “starting with a clean slate” as if you’ve never received this before.

Hope this helps, if it doesn’t… don’t hesitate to give us a bit more info about how/why and we can try and enlighten you a bit more.

3 Likes