When installing the addon, when I click the check mark, there is an error

Hi. When I click on the check mark, I get an error. Please help me, what could be the problem?

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\4.1\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 376, in enable
    mod = importlib.import_module(module_name)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.1\4.1\python\Lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1204, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1176, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1147, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 690, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 940, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "C:\Users\3D-Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    ensure_dependencies(f"Blender {bpy.app.version[0]}.{bpy.app.version[1]}")
  File "C:\Users\3D-Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\installer.py", line 200, in ensure_dependencies
    install_dependencies(host_application)
  File "C:\Users\3D-Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\installer.py", line 179, in install_dependencies
    install_requirements(host_application)
  File "C:\Users\3D-Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\installer.py", line 172, in install_requirements
    raise Exception(m)
Exception: Failed to install dependenices through pip, got 3221225781 return code

Hi @hanter282

When running the Blender connector for the first time, the connector will try and download some code dependencies via the python package index.

Some corporate networks or VPNs may block certain websites that are required for this process.

Please make sure you are connected to the internet.
Please try disabling any VPNs, or try using another network.

These work arounds should only be required for the first launch of the connector (and for first launches after you install an update), you can go back to your normal network configuration once the connector is initialised.

Please let us know if this works for you, we can assist further if necessary.

1 Like

Thank you. The VPN did not help. Everything works on the other computer. All are connected to the same network

Hi! The problem has been solved. Today I turned off my computer, and when I clicked on the check mark, everything was activated. I am very happy about it! Unfortunately, I couldn’t trace the dependencies to understand what the reason was.

1 Like