We encountered an error while trying to connect. Details: "You do not have access to this resource"

Good Afternoon Everyone! :slight_smile:

I’m trying to ‘get data’ in power bi but receiving this pop up after i paste in my stream this weekend. - We encountered an error while trying to connect. Details: “You do not have access to this resource”

Error Message

I am able to load my streams in from last weekend but my new streams wont work and presents the error message above in powerbi.

I’m unsure what has changed as i haven’t updated any software or changed anything. I tried restarting my PC, logging in and out of my software’s and creating new power bi sessions but my new streams still don’t work. I researched online and it said it may be permissions. Im currently on my personal PC and have redone all the steps from the videos so I’m out of ideas on how to resolve.

Would really appreciate input on this. Thank you!

Hey @Cathal ,

Welcome to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: to the community if you want to! :grinning:

This error indicates your account doesn’t have receive access to given project.

• Do you have Speckle Manager installed and an account added to it?
  • Can you make sure you can access to the URL from your browser using the same account added in Manager?

Hi @gokermu, thank you for the speedy response. :100:

Yes, I am logged into my Speckle Manager account.
Yes, if i paste the URL into my browser i can access the stream.

Can you share the Speckle Model URL with us? I’d like to try to reproduce the issue on my end.

In the meantime, can you try:

• Change your wifi/network
  • Check if there are any firewalls in place that prevents Power BI from connecting to an external server
  • Updating Power BI

Hi @gokermu,

I have checked my wifi connection, the firewall and updates required for power bi and they all appear fine/ up to date.

Here is the link: Speckle

Thank you,

Cathal

Requested access, @Cathal

I granted access as a contributor just now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Cathal ,

Can you give access to @AlanRynne too? Or if you can make the project Link Shareable, that would be even better.

Sure @gokermu, i have made the link shareable now.

I can reproduce your issue. We’ll look into it in more detail. As a workaround, you can use our new web app. I was able to successfully receive from there.

1 Like

Thanks @gokermu, this works perfect. Thank you for taking the time to resolve this. Really appreciate your time. :100:

Have a great day!

Cathal

1 Like