VR Requirements Analysis in AEC by PrismArch project

Dear all,

Excited to publish PrismArch deliverable D1.1 which contains a “Requirements analysis for collaborative VR environments in AEC industry.” Credits to our industrial partners Zaha Hadid, SWECO and AKTII. 142p. PDF at: Deliverables – PrismArch

Best,
Dimitrios Ververidis @ PrismArch project

2 Likes

Hi @Dimitrios.Ververidis! Thanks for linking this up, and happy to see Speckle being put to good use in there!

Having skimmed through it, some of your potential pain points stood out:

“[…] The case of using the official Speckle.xyz server is preferred because data can be accessed also from wide audiences such as Architects and Engineers for free. Also, this solution reduces the costs of maintenance of the server from CERTH.”

We’re happy to provide a server just for you and take on that cost for the duration of your project - just let us know if you need it/when you need it! That being said, having helped myself in the past write a H2020 Data Management Plan, I’m quite sure you don’t want to go back to it and edit it :smiley:

As well, it’s super nice to see Speckle in the context of another H2020 project - you know it was born in one :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hi @dimitrie nice to hear that. Which project was it?
Are you open to participate in future Horizon Europe calls ? Especially those related to XR and content collorative creation ?
Do you plan to republish plugins for Blender or other ? (Maya and Adobe After Effects are also popular). I think you had them in v1. Panagiotis is also progressing with the Unreal plugin, soon you will have news from him.

Best,
Dimitrios

1 Like

@izzylys’s cue. she’s done a lot of great work, and it’s alive. Just wait a bit until she’s going to announce it! (later today).

Yes, more than happy! We’d be on the other side of the fence, in the industry partner pool, but more than happy. We have some links to other universities, so we could flex those networks too.

InnoChain! It was led by CITA/KTH in Denmark, and my Marie Curie fellowship was based at UCL (The Bartlett). Those were the days :sun_with_face:

Nice for all!
About the last. We can make a claim about some continuity, i.e. of using previous EU project results and not re-inventing the wheel.
Best,
Dimitrios

1 Like