Viewer shadow problem (please help)

Hi, I would like to ask for a little help!

I have an HTML table that contains a list of streams, each row has a button that switches to another page where I load the model.
The first time it loads nicely and there is no problem with it. However, if I go back and select another stream, then the shadows completely break.

Can you recommend anything for this issue?
(If I refresh the page anywhere, it fixes it, but once a model has been opened, the shadows get messed up.)

There is the table on /models

First load on /models/powerview/:id/:object

Second load after I go back to the table page and load the model again :

This is the source code:

This usually happens when you load the viewer in multiple times - it needs to be “global”, ie that canvasRef div needs to be the same one across your SPA’s views.

It can be a bit tricky to pull off, or explain - let us know if what i’ve said makes some sense to you!

So does my canvas div need to exist on every side during the runtime of the page?

Hi @Gircsi117

We’ve just merged in a fix for this issue and will be available soon in the next release!

As always, thank you for your feedback and looking forward to hearing more!

Cheers

3 Likes

I was wondering if this has been released yet? If it hasn’t is there a workaround we can implement as a short term solution?

Thanks

Hi @sanchez @Gircsi117

We’ve recently just made a release : https://www.npmjs.com/package/@speckle/viewer :partying_face:

Please let me know if you encounter any more issues

Cheers

2 Likes