Unreal sample project crash

Hi,
I’m interested in sending some stuff to Unreal (From Rhino, Blender, or Revit) but as for now every time I try to import something using your Unreal Sample Project, UE4 crashes.

How can I help you solve this problem?

Hi Jakub,
Could you send me a screenshot of the crash stack trace (the screen that appears after UE4 crashes).
And if possible, add me to the stream that is causing the crash and I’ll investigate. :smiley:

Hi, @Jedd

I used this data:
stream id: 716e0a1bc9
object id: 44fcd3ec527a5ec04cbc6ce221ddc10c
token: TOKEN

The stream is public I think.

Crash Stack

LoginId:6a5d47be41c7f3d62efc5388bacc24fb
EpicAccountId:02032758362a4021b794ac5119684224

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000060

UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_SpeckleUnreal!ASpeckleUnrealManager::OnStreamTextResponseReceived() [C:\Users\USER\Desktop\SPECKLE TEST\speckle-unreal-master\SpeckleUnrealProject\Plugins\SpeckleUnreal\Source\SpeckleUnreal\Private\SpeckleUnrealManager.cpp:153]
UE4Editor_SpeckleUnreal!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,ASpeckleUnrealManager,void __cdecl(TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,1>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:609]
UE4Editor_HTTP
UE4Editor_HTTP
UE4Editor_HTTP
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

I have taken a look,

If you have recently updated your version of the Speckle-Unreal plugin, could you try deleting and recreating the SpeckleManager actor in your scene.

It seems that your SpeckleManager.World isn’t being assigned properly.

I can’t seem to reproduce your problem, but it is something I could easily add a check for to prevent a crash. But I would like to understand quite how it is happening.

Could you also tell me whether or not you are importing streams at runtime (while the level is playing)

Quick word of warning, don’t post your auth token publicly, treat it as a password because it gives access to all of your streams.
I would reccomend regenerating a new one as soon as possible now this one is compromised.

2 Likes

I just downloaded Speckle example project 2 days ago.
I’m not using runtime import.

Replacing SpeckleUnreal Manager did the trick!

Revit geometry looks funny though, It looks like all the vertices are welded?

About token, yes that’s probably not a good idea to public token :wink: But for now, All I do are quick and dirty tests, so I don’t have anything to lose.

1 Like

Replacing SpeckleUnreal Manager did the trick!

Excellent.
When I get round to it, I think I will add a check to the code to make sure the ʼWorldʼ is valid before trying to use it, That should prevent this type of crash from ever happening again.

As for Revit geometry, I’m unaware of any problems, I’ll do some testing today,
It would be great if you could share your stream.

:smiley:

I will try to use this stream as my official Revit test stream.

Web preview - note how even in the web, edges look sharp, shading is how it should look like

In Rhino, Revit Wall baked as a mesh look equally sharp

In Unreal edges look like they are rounded, I suppose this one might be related to weld vertices and vertex normals

1 Like