Unity example marked Obsolete

Hi guys,

Just some quick questions:

1. The unity sample example SpeckleExamples is marked obsolete. Am I looking at the wrong thing? Is there a new example? and should we not follow the flow as outlined in the example?

2. Can I assume that, the calls made to the SpeckleCore2.dll using Speckle.Core.Api.Client class calls the dll produced by speckle-sharp repo. This seems to be the case, as I’m trying to trace the flow as a result of the obsolete tag as outlined above.

The old Sender and Receiver components have been marked obsolete (along with other components that rely on them), and are replaced by the new SpeckleSender and SpeckleReceiver

Unfortunately the sample project still uses a mix of new and old components.

I recommend all new projects use the newer non-obsolete components as they are rigorously tested each release.
The old components will stay around, but are not maintained or routinely tested by Speckle.

There is another sample project I can share with you. However I do reccomend looking first at the new SpeckleReceiver and SpeckleSender components, as they have some documentation attached to them that hopefully clarifies their usage sufficiently.

A new unity sample project is not currently on our roadmap, but I would gladly accept any community contributions to updating the existing project to use the new components.

The SpeckleCore and Objects dlls are indeed built from the Core and objects projects in speckle-sharp and they are the same dlls bundled in all of our sharp connectors.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks for the very quick reply Jedd!

Yes that answers my questions for now. I’ll take a look and will post a new question if I have one.