Unable to send data

Hi!

I’m looking to send some geometry through using Speckle in Dynamo.

For some reason, when clicking on the ‘Send objects to speckle’ button, nothing happens. I’ve tried with various types of data. I was wondering whether there’s something obvious I’m doing wrong.

I’m using Revit 2021, Dynamo 2.6.1 and Speckle Dynamo Connector 2.3.0.

Many thanks

Hi @TDLUND ,

Welcome to our forum! From your image everything looks correct.

• which server are you sending data to? XYZ or another one?
  • can you please make sure the Revit Connector is also updates to the latest version?
  • do you only have issues with the Dynamo connector or also with others?

Hi @teocomi

I am having the same issue now. Everything is up to date, and the stream is valid. However, when I push the send button, nothing seems to happen.

Thanks a lot!

Bart

1 Like

Hi @Bart-Jan_van_der_Gaa,

Welcome back🌹! Can you make sure your Revit and Dynamo connector versions are aligned? It usually happens because of that. If they are, what version of Dynamo connector is installed?

1 Like

Hi @gokermu

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes all connectors are up to date. I tried sending data to the same stream through Grasshopper, that worked perfectly fine. Also tried to reinstall the connectors for Revit, Civil and Dynamo.

Please see my versions above.

Best,

Bart

1 Like

Hmm, that’s weird. In theory you should be able to send from Dynamo if you can do it from grasshopper. Any idea @AlanRynne?

1 Like

Solved!

@gokermu @AlanRynne

The problem was that I was using Dyanmo within Civil3D and when I was updating the Dynamo connector through the Speckle Manager, it did not update the Dynamo for Civil3D one. Would it be possible to also install Speckle for Dynamo for Civil 3D. I now have to manually copy it everytime when I install/Update it.

Thanks!!

Bart

1 Like

Hi @Bart-Jan_van_der_Gaa ,

Glad to hear it’s fixed! We’re not fully supporting Dynamo for Civil3D (unit conversions are not implemented), so we’re not including it in the installer yet.
Do you find it more useful than our Civil3D connector?

For others stumbling into similar issues:
One quick test to see if there’s an old dll polluting your environment is to create a Pyhton node with the following code:

import sys
import clr
clr.AddReference("System")
from System import AppDomain

assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies()
speckleAssemblies = [a for a in assemblies if "Speckle" in a.FullName]
OUT = speckleAssemblies

1 Like