The SpeckleConnectorGrasshopper Component Library was build against a newer minor version of the Grasshopper SDK

Hi!

I installed speckle and on Rhino7 it is successfully loaded, however, when I try to open it in GH, the below message shows and speckle is not installed:

The SpeckleConnectorGrasshopper Component Library was build against a newer minor version of the Grasshopper SDK: Local SDK = 7.1.20299.23101 Referenced SDK = 7.4.21078.1000

This also happens when I opens it in Rhino 6. Also, I tried with the latest version as well as the earlier ones and all have similar problems.
The weird thing is that I used the same version of rhino on my laptop but everything works well.

Can I check why is this happening and how I could solve it?
Thank you so much!

HI @Yuqin!

Thanks for reporting this! We are in fact building the Rhino 7 and Grasshopper connectors for 7.4.21078.1001; so the Referenced SDK version that appears there seems to be wrong by one digit :smiley: It seems odd that it would work in the same version on an different computer as this will be shown by Rhino automatically if the local version doesn’t match (or is higher)

Since it is automatically thrown by Rhino/Grasshopper, there’s little we can do on our side. Rhino updates are free within the same version (7.x) so my main suggestion would be to just update your Rhino install. We’re already building on quite an old one (currently they’re on 7.26 :wink: )

Got a couple questions for you though:

• What version of the connector are you using?
  • Did you by any chance build the connector from code in the past? This can cause some weird conflicts?.
  • Could you confirm that both your Rhino installations are the same version? I find it very hard to believe it works in anything lower than 7.4 :sweat_smile:

Rhino 6 and Rhino 7 install to different places so getting the 7.X error in 6.X is clearly a sign something is off in your install:

• Try uninstalling the connector, opening rhino to ensure Speckle is gone, then close Rhino and install the connector again
  • Could you send us images of the error’s you’re getting?

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your quick reply! yes I will try updating first and see if it works.

Anyways here are my replies on the questions:

• What version of the connector are you using?
    **the latest one 2.12.2 and also tried some ealier versions like 2.11.0, this might be why there was this digit difference? **
  • Did you by any chance build the connector from code in the past? This can cause some weird conflicts?
    i dont think so
  • Could you confirm that both your Rhino installations are the same version? I find it very hard to believe it works in anything lower than 7.4 :sweat_smile:
    here is a screenshot of speckle working fine on GH on my laptop, with the same version of rhino weirdly

Rhino 6 and Rhino 7 install to different places so getting the 7.X error in 6.X is clearly a sign something is off in your install:
My mistake, so the rhino 6 GH will show a different SDK number of 6.x for both the local and reference one

• Try uninstalling the connector, opening rhino to ensure Speckle is gone, then close Rhino and install the connector again
    **I tried a few times but did not help :frowning: **
  • Could you send us images of the error’s you’re getting?

**this one is using speckle version 2.12.2, and on rhino itself it loaded successfully but not grasshopper **
2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed information! It sounds like the easiest fix is to update your Rhino installation.
Is it something you can do?