SpeckleException: The logger has not been initialized

Hello everyone, I am remaking my unity aplication in Unity 2021.3.26f1 and Speckle Unity Connector Version 2.13.0, and encountered an error i have not seen before:

SpeckleException: The logger has not been initialized. Please call Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleLog.Initialize
Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleLog.get_Logger () (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Logging/SpeckleLog.cs:98)
Speckle.Core.Kits.KitManager.Load () (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Kits/KitManager.cs:136)
Speckle.Core.Kits.KitManager.Initialize () (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Kits/KitManager.cs:129)
Speckle.Core.Kits.KitManager.get_Types () (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Kits/KitManager.cs:56)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.SerializationUtilities.GetAtomicType (System.String objFullType) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectSerialzerUtilities.cs:198)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.SerializationUtilities.GetType (System.String objFullType) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectSerialzerUtilities.cs:185)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.Dict2Base (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] dictObj) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectDeserializerV2.cs:279)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.ConvertJsonElement (Speckle.Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken doc) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectDeserializerV2.cs:270)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.ConvertJsonElement (Speckle.Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken doc) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectDeserializerV2.cs:223)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.ConvertJsonElement (Speckle.Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken doc) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectDeserializerV2.cs:223)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.DeserializeTransportObject (System.String objectJson) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectDeserializerV2.cs:156)
Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.Deserialize (System.String rootObjectJson) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Serialisation/BaseObjectDeserializerV2.cs:87)
Speckle.Core.Api.Operations.Deserialize (System.String object, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, Speckle.Core.Api.SerializerVersion serializerVersion) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Api/Operations/Operations.Serialize.cs:112)
Speckle.Core.Api.Operations.Deserialize (System.String object) (at C:/Users/Jedd/Documents/Git Repos/Speckle Repos/speckle-sharp/Core/Core/Api/Operations/Operations.Serialize.cs:88)
Speckle.ConnectorUnity.Wrappers.SpeckleProperties.OnAfterDeserialize () (at Library/PackageCache/systems.speckle.speckle-unity@59221e89ba/Runtime/Wrappers/SpeckleProperties.cs:83)

I have tried calling SpeckleLog.Initialize in a basic script, but i don’t think this is the correct approach as the issue seems to stem from the library and not my script. The initialization also required parameters that i don’t know how to set:

Assets\Scripts\RoomNameEditor.cs(6,16): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'hostApplicationName' of 'SpeckleLog.Initialize(string, string?, SpeckleLogConfiguration?)'

I have tried changing the library script from the error message, but i think doing that correctly is a bit outside of my league.

My previous, working vertion, used Speckle Unity Connector Version 2.10.0, and Unity 2021.3.24f1.
Any insigths as to what is going wrong would be great, thanks!

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a bug on our end.
I’ll investigate!

1 Like

There should be a fix available now! (2.14.2)

Please update through the Unity Package Manager, and let us know if this works for you!

2 Likes

Thank you! The issue is fixed in version 2.14.2! :smiley:

1 Like