Speckle Viewer Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked

I am trying to run speckle viewer ,but got this error :-(plugin rollup-plugin-rebase) Error: Error while copying files: Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, copyfile, Anyone can help please?

Hi @Sachin_Kannaujiya

Welcome to the forum!

We’ll gladly assist you with the issue you’re currently having. Can you please provide a bit more context to what you’re trying to do, as well as the environment you’re trying to do it in?

Cheers

I am trying to run speckle viewer in sandbox for testing purpose .
According to github docs .
I ran yarn in root successfully
bt when I am trying to run yarn dev in viewer folder I got above error .

Hi @Sachin_Kannaujiya

We will need some additional information in order to get to the bottom of this

Can you please provide us with:

• OS & OS version
  • Node version
  • Yarn version

Also, please let us know if you are on the latest speckle-server, or you are on a different branch, perhaps one that you have changes on.
If possible, the complete error logs might prove useful if you can provide us with them.

The error seems to be referring to a rollup plugin which just copies over assets over to the build folder. You could also try to add the verbose: true flag in the rollup config file here. Maybe it will output additional information

Cheers

node:v18.17.0
yarn:3.2.0
speckle-server:2.15.1

ERROR:
bundles src/index.ts → dist/index.js, dist/index.cjs…
(!) Circular dependencies
src/modules/batching/Batcher.ts → src/modules/batching/MeshBatch.ts → src/modules/objects/SpeckleMesh.ts → src/modules/batching/Batcher.ts
src/modules/SpeckleRenderer.ts → src/modules/batching/Batcher.ts → src/modules/batching/MeshBatch.ts → src/modules/objects/SpeckleMesh.ts → src/modules/objects/SpeckleBatchBVH.ts → src/modules/SpeckleRenderer.ts
src/modules/SpeckleRenderer.ts → src/modules/batching/Batcher.ts → src/modules/batching/MeshBatch.ts → src/modules/objects/SpeckleMesh.ts → src/modules/SpeckleRenderer.ts
…and 20 more
[!] (plugin rollup-plugin-rebase) Error: Error while copying files: Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, copyfile ‘D:\speckle-server\packages\viewer\src\assets\gradient.png’ → ‘D:\speckle-server\packages\viewer\dist\gradient~KUJtLiHw.png’
Error: Error while copying files: Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, copyfile ‘D:\speckle-server\packages\viewer\src\assets\gradient.png’ → ‘D:\speckle-server\packages\viewer\dist\gradient~KUJtLiHw.png’
at Object.generateBundle (D:\speckle-server\node_modules\rollup-plugin-rebase\src\index.js:224:15)
at Bundle.generate (D:\speckle-server\node_modules\rollup\dist\shared\rollup.js:15927:9)
at D:\speckle-server\node_modules\rollup\dist\shared\rollup.js:23833:27
at catchUnfinishedHookActions (D:\speckle-server\node_modules\rollup\dist\shared\rollup.js:23247:20)
at async Promise.all (index 0)
at Task.run (D:\speckle-server\node_modules\rollup\dist\shared\watch.js:246:32)
at Watcher.run (D:\speckle-server\node_modules\rollup\dist\shared\watch.js:173:13)

[2023-08-09 11:18:42] waiting for changes…

Hi @Sachin_Kannaujiya

Thanks for the information!

Running the viewer, and speckle-server in general locally as well as development requires a linux/unix operating system. While using Windows, you can easily setup WSL and use it order to do so.

However, if you are really keen on running the viewer and viewer-sandbox in native Windows, it is currently possible. The error you are seeing doesn’t stop the viewer from being built. I tested on Windows 10 and I got the same error, but the files the error was complaining about were still copied over to the build folder. The viewer-sandbox also runs on windows, just make sure you run yarn build in both the object-loader and the shared packages before you run yarn dev in viewer-sandbox.

Again, I need to stress that the viewer and viewer-sandbox are only incidentally running on native windows and I strongly encourage you to start using WSL for developing or running anything locally since we don’t support windows for any of these activities

Cheers

Thanks @alex for your support .

1 Like