Speckle Update Date query in Power Bi

Hi Helper

Can we get Speckle Created/Updated date query to power BI?

Thanks

Andrew

2 Likes

Hey @Andrew_Hong ,

Sure, we can add that as a column. However, before we proceed, could you kindly provide me with more details about your use case? What is the reason for needing the created date of Version(commit)?

1 Like

Hi Gokermu,

Thank you much for your email back. We are working the revit model, We always change the room data every day. When I export to Power Bi, I need track which date room /model exported, I did not change the date in the power bi .

(By the way, Even more batter if can keep the old and update data in same branch, so we can track the old the data in same power bi).

Best Regards

Andrew

1 Like

Hey @Andrew_Hong ,

Ok, thanks for giving the context. We can add a version (commit) date as another auto-generated column.

The information you are looking for is already available on the same branch. You can access previous versions by using the version(commit) URL. However, this would require you to manually update the version URL every time you push a new version, which is not ideal. Another option is to hide this process as a function overload in the Speckle namespace. We can further explore this possibility.

1 Like