Speckle PowerBI Viewer does not update on filter

Hi,

I just started diving into the Speckleverse, and the potential seems enormous! When the great tutorials can’t help me, I hope this community can.

I have created a simple dashboard with a Speckle 3D viewer and a filter by family. My issue is that the viewer is not updating when clicking the filter. The rest of the dashboard elements are.

Reloading the 3D viewer with Ctrl + X, Ctrl + V will correctly update the viewport with the isolated geometry. However, updating the filter will mess up the viewport again.

Reloaded viewer with filter applied

Same viewer with the filter disabled and then enabled again

I have seen similar topics suggesting to not leave the tooltip empty. Unfortunatly, this doesn’t fix the issue in this case.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Christian

1 Like

Hi @Christian_DEM

I had a similar issue; perhaps you can solve it by changing the display order. It seems that by default, it’s set to Model URL (1) . Change it to Object ID (2); perhaps that might fix it

As you can see in the second image with the Object ID option activated, the view updates.

I hope I have helped you.

Joff,
Per aspera ad astra

3 Likes

Hi @Joff_20,

Thanks so much for sharing your solution with the Speckle Community!
I hope this answer has solved your problem @Christian_DEM. If not, please let us know.

Cheers

I have the same issue, and I did the solution, for first clicking on slicers it works, but when you try to uncheck slicers and check again it won’t work at all. more over more than double filters it is not working also e.g. filters by category & family & type and so on.

Hi @Joff_20 and @Nikos ,

@Joff_20 Thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, this didn’t fix the issue for me.

Hey @Christian_DEM,

Can you please share the Power BI report and Speckle Model URL? I’d like to try to reproduce your issue on my end.

PS. You can send a DM if you don’t want to share it publicly.

Hi @gokermu ,

Thank you, I’ve sent you a DM.

Hey @Christian_DEM ,

What version of 3D Visual are you using? I just tested with 2.18 release and it seems to work just fine. If you are using a release candidate (RC), I recommend using the stable release.

1 Like

Hi @gokermu ,

You’re right! I was using the 2.19.0 (RC). The 2.18.0 works just fine. Thank you!

1 Like