Im working on a pipeline that uses speckle with rhino.compute and this is a list of some thoughts that would make the experience better:
- For now I cant use Revit Speckle components in compute, which is essential to send native Revit elements. From what I understand @AlanRynne is working on this and it might be solved in the next update.
- Archicad simply does not play well with compute. Geometry that is sent from archicad to compute never gets back to speckle. The exact same script running locally does work though.
- Revit parameter names are represented as GUID strings which makes it harder to tailor a gH definition to different Revit files. It would be much easier to have that parameter name instead of the GUID so that I can filter the name value directly from all the parameters name values.
- It would be cleaner to be able to use just one stream to send and receive from compute. But for that to work I should be able to specify that I want to automatically receive in Revit only the commits that are done by a specific account - in this case, the compute account.
- When I want to use the compute account, I need to manually accept the invitation to collaborate everytime. There should be a way of sending that invite with a #secret so that the invitation gets automatically accepted.
- There needs to be a way to filter the Feed in the online Specke dashboard to remove the clutter caused by people who have subscribed webhooks (including compute commits).
- When multiple commits are done in a short span of time, they do not show up ordered in the stream dashboard, which is a pain if you are trying to find the latest one you made.
I will come back to this post as more questions arise. Feel free to DM me if you want a hand to do some testing on this type of pipelines.