Speckle components in Grasshopper not working

Hi there!

I am using create custom speckle object component and speckle 2 BIM components and today I updated the grasshopper connector to 2.4.1 and I got two errors, one when I open Grasshoppe: Priority: Loader { Method not found: ‘Void Speckle.Core.Logging.Setup.Init(System.String, System.String)’. MissingMethodException } and one on almost all speckle components: 1. Solution exception:Could not load type ‘Speckle.Core.Logging.Analytics’ from assembly ‘SpeckleCore2, Version=2.3.0.9634, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.
Capture_error

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the problem?

1 Like

Hi @Konstantina

First of all, let me welcome you to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself 🙆 to everyone if you want to :slight_smile:

As for the GH message, I’ve encountered this before but only on a specific case (let’s hope this is the problem on your side too)

Possible cause of the problem

I’ve only found my self getting this error when:

• I had the Grasshopper connector installed
  • I had the Rhino connector installed
  • The Rhino connector is older than the Grasshopper one (i.e. Rhino version is 2.3.x and Grasshopper is 2.4.x)

Would you happen to have the Rhino connector also installed? If so, what version? Does uninstalling the Rhino connector fix the issue?

A different possible cause

We’ve noticed sometimes the installer won’t complain about “open applications you must close before updating”, causing the installation to not fully overwrite the files.

If the first suggestion above doesn’t work, could you try:

• Uninstalling all Rhino related connectors (rhino + grasshopper)
  • Restarting your computer (to ensure no open programs are lurking in the background)
  • Install the Grasshopper connector (and Rhino one if you need it)
2 Likes

Hi Alan!

Thank you very much it’s nice to be here! I just started using speckle 2 in my workflows and I am a junior computational designer based in the Netherlands.
Now regarding the issue, I would like to thank you very much for your quick response; indeed in my case the first approach solved both problems simultaneously (meaning the Rhino connector was older than the Gh connector)! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s nice to hear! Thanks for getting back to us so fast.

I hope you enjoy using Speckle, and we’d love to hear back from you if you have more issues, suggestions or wishes for any of our connectors.

1 Like