Speckle 2.0 Manager issue + Speckle Revit issue

Hi Specklers,

I’m bumping into two issues.

First issue is minor: when I install the Revit connector it get’s stuck at Downloading & Installing even though all the Revit connector is already visible in Revit (so I assume it is installed)

Second issue is more of a real problem: I cannot open the Revit connector (might be connected to the first issue?) See screenshot below.

Steps undertaken already:

1. Restart PC
  2. Re-install Speckle Manager
  3. Re-install Revit connector several times

Thanks!

Hi @dirksliepenbeek!

Not sure what could be happening with the manager getting stuck. Maybe @teocomi can shed some light there.

But for the other part, it’s most likely that your installation got corrupted by the “hanging” installer.

Let’s see if we can get you’re Revit back to life:

• Delete all files inside %appdata%/speckle/kits/objects/ (this will render all your other connectors useless FYI, you’ll need to reinstall them once Revit is in a good place)
  • Inside %appdata%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins, open the folder of your Revit version and delete the SpeckleRevit2 and SpeckleRevit2.addin
    Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 12.58.14

As far as I’m aware, that should remove any Speckle related files from Revit, allowing you to start it back up.

As for the installation, try downloading the standalone installer for Revit from here: https://speckle-releases.netlify.app maybe this way you’re installation will be successful.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any more help.

@dirksliepenbeek do you have any other Revit/Dynamo add-in installed that might be using Speckle? Maybe some internal tools? If so they could be conflicting with our latest release…

Also please make sure to update the Dynamo connector alongside the Revit one when you do so.

1 Like