Sketchup Parameters extraction

Hi

Hi,

I’m looking for some help. I’ve got a warehouse model from SketchUp with all the pallet spots labeled in a certain way – like C-01-B4 would mean it’s in rack C, bay 01, on level B, position 4.

I’m trying to load this model into Power BI, but I’m stuck because I can’t find a way to use these labels to change the colors for each pallet spot.

I want to be able to tell each pallet apart by ID like C-01-B4, so I can match it with an Excel file that shows how goods move around in each spot.

Thanks for any help you can give!

• Objective: How could I extract data for each pallet rack label?

• Issue: I couldn’t find any data relating to this when i load this model

• Example: attached image

• Speckle link: Speckle

model_su17.skp (2.4 MB)

Hi @andy_ng,

Your model doesn’t have any parameters (attributes) to extract, see sketchup_attributes for your objects. Looks like the way you explained for naming provided with Instance names so you can try to use this info in PowerBI.

Best

Hi @oguzhankoral thank so much for your reply.
Yes looks like I’m missing some attributes that I need.
Could you point me to a tutorial on how to add SketchUp attributes to objects?
I’m new to SketchUp and come from a data analysis background.
Thanks!

Hey @andy_ng ,

To add attributes to a component, you need to use the Component Attributes dialog box, which you can access from the Dynamic Components toolbar or the Window menu. Here are the basic steps to add attributes:

1. Select the component
  2. Select Window > Component Attributes
  3. In the Component Attributes dialog box, click the + button next to the component’s name. A list of attributes appears for the component.
  4. To add a predefined attribute, select it from the list and click the + button at the bottom of the dialog box. A new row appears with the attribute name and value.
  5. To add a custom attribute, click the + button at the bottom of the dialog box and type a name for the attribute. Then, enter a value for the attribute in the Value column. You can use numbers, text, formulas, or functions as values.
  6. To make an attribute end-user configurable, click the Details button to the right of the attribute and choose a display rule from the drop-down list. You can either allow users to edit the attribute as a textbox or select from a list of options that you define.

For more details and examples, you can check out these resources:

https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/making-dynamic-component

https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/making-attribute-values-end-user-configurable

I hope this helps!

1 Like

thanks you @gokermu
much appreciated

1 Like