SketchUp Connector?

Hi all.

We’re looking at various ways to get data out of modelling software and into Unreal Engine. One avenue being Speckle.

The Revit and Rhino connectors seem to work well.

I’m having difficulty installing the SketchUp connector however…

I’ve installed and updated the SketchUp connector in the Speckle Manager - I can also see speckle_connector listed in the SketchUp extension manager (I’ve tried SketchUp Pro 2022 and 2023).

Unfortunately though I can’t see a Speckle window, or an option to turn it on under the Extensions panel. Am I missing something, or is there another step to getting the Speckle extension working?

Any help much appreciated.

1 Like

Hey @mattolsen ,

This is very interesting. We never had reports of this.

• Can you check the following path?
    C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp {VERSION}\SketchUp\Plugins
    Is there a file and a folder named speckle_connector?
  • Also, can you make sure SketchUp is closed while installing the connector?
  • Lastly, can you try restarting SketchUp?

Thanks for the quick response @gokermu -

• There is a folder called speckle_connector in the plugins folder for both versions.
  • I tried uninstalling the connector through the manager, and it disappeared from both folders.
  • I then reinstalled the connector and it appeared back in the same folder (with sketchup closed).
  • Unfortunately still when opening Sketchup I can’t see Speckle under the extensions menu - though it does display in the extension manager as in the screenshot above.

I’ve found a solution… by uninstalling the speckle_connector through the Sketchup extensions dialog, and then reinstalling through the speckle manager, it then appeared back in Sketchup! Odd one but seemed to work :+1:

3 Likes

That’s weird! Thanks for sharing the solution @mattolsen !