RhinoObject converts to null

Hello!

The hack continues, and also the struggle. Our custom Rhino (Compute) converter is having issues converting the RhinoObjects directly, it converts to null, so far we have been passing the ro.Geometry and it works fine.

You can check the code here: ark/Ark.Rhino/MyRhinoPlugin1/Converter.cs at 19ef7bde19f9bcfc01ac23297047706ccd5d2e3f · vwnd/ark · GitHub

And I am using a simple rhino logo model with 6 meshes to test.
hello_mesh.3dm (913.8 KB)

Do you know what I am missing?

Are you able to debug or access the conversion log?

I think something unexpected might happen here, making the conversion fail, and so the result is null:

I am able to debug, but not sure how I could access the conversion log? Do you have any tips?

This is the logger object; inspecting it might reveal something: speckle-sharp/Objects/Converters/ConverterRhinoGh/ConverterRhinoGhShared/ConverterRhinoGh.cs at e28f84e62b3582a135fbd292207ebdc6a9f4088e · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub

Otherwise, by putting breakpoints between L172-202.

Note that debugging converters is MUCH easier if you directly reference the csproj instead of using the nugets.

1 Like

Thanks for the help Matteo! I was able to find the issue :slight_smile: and resolve!

Before → After

I have added the changes to a tiny request here, hope it helps! It helped me a lot!

fix: if headless use original material by vwnd · Pull Request #3511 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp (github.com)