Rhino <> Revit for landscape architecture

Thanks! I wasn’t aware of this Revit API limitation:

Do you know of a Revit developer forum, where I could ask to change this behavior? It is disappointing to be faced with a choice between importing correct but static geometry or dynamic but potentially corrupt…

1 Like

I mean you can ask at Revit API Forum. But to be honest, I don’t think there will be a quick fix😅.

I’m keeping my expectations low too but it’s always good to ask :slight_smile:

Created a topic here:

Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

There are passionate members of that API forum, but for proper developer support, you pretty much have to either:
a) have a product that pushes customers to ADSK,
b) stump up for an ADSK Dev membership.

I’ve been a paying ADSK dev before, and while access to all the toys is fantastic, the level of support can be only a notch better. In my experience, it varies by product (Forge, excellent. Revit, good, Navisworks, poor)

One could argue that Speckle potentially pushes customers to ADSK. Also, in this specific case - having the option to modify imported topography directly in Revit would benefit Autodesk as well. Their suggested workflow is to use Civil3d for topo surface creation and bring it to Revit via BIM360. These surfaces can’t be modified either.

1 Like

Ah fyi Revit-specific object assignments for Rhino BIM will be part of our next sprint, and is going to be a more generalized feature for mapping geometry to BIM classes across a few of our connectors. Revit topography will be included!

2 Likes