Rhino crashing from send/receive

Hi,

I have Speckle connector 2.7.5, but this issue is present since a very long time, although the severity changes from file to file. When sending or receiving data, Rhino has a tendency to crush. In some files it happens just once or twice a day, but I have a file now, which crushes with every 2nd or 3rd data exchange, which makes it very hard to use. There are three branches I receive data from (they are the sub-branches of the same stream and main branch), and two I send data to (also sub-branches there). I use a plenty of Telepathy Remote Receiver and Sender, although I don’t think this causes the issue (but of course it’s just a guess). This issue appears with synchronous and asyinchronous components too. Do you have any idea what causes this problem, and how could I avoid it?

Hi @reka,

Can you share the stream or files you used so we can simulate your problem on our end and examine it? You can send a DM if you don’t want to put it here. Thank you😊.

Hi again @gokermu ,

The issue still exists although I was able to narrow down the problem. So it happens with the receive component, and especially when we change the stream we receive from. It happens even before pressing the receive button. I recorded a video for you, but I’m unable to attach it, maybe because of it’s size, so you can download it from the link below. I’m attaching the crash report though. If we have more data on the streams, it happens even more frequently (basically every time, we change the stream). It seems like there is no problem when we receive from the same stream multiple times, even if the data stored there changes between them. If you need any more information, I am happy to share, this bug is causing us a lot of issue.

RhinoDotNetCrash copy.txt (2.7 KB)
Download link
https://we.tl/t-5WJJBKmrJI

1 Like

Hey @reka, you come back at a perfect time! Thx for narrowing down this behaviour, we currently started testing our new 2.12 release so I’ll be looking into this today to see if we can find a fix for it.

1 Like

Hi @AlanRynne, I tested this issue again with the newest version, but still the same thing happens. Were you able to check the issue? Do you have any information about why it occurs, or how and when can it be fixed? It really disrupts our workflow, and stops us from relying on speckle. I would really appriciate any information, so we can plan accordingly or work out some workaround until the issue is solved.

Hey @reka ,

It’s tough for us to know what’s happening as we cannot replicate this issue, and it might be specific to your machine. Can you please share the Log inside %appdata%\Speckle\Logs\rhinoRhino7 ?

What’s your full Rhino version?
Could you please also check if any of our other connectors work for you, eg the Revit one?

It turns out the issue came from a self-hosted instance of Speckle and not from the connector itself, since it works fine with just an account on XYZ.
Marking this as resolved until we have more information on what exactly caused it.

1 Like