Rhino can't receive objects from Blender

Hi,
I’m very new to Speckle, I installed 2.20 in both Blender (4.2) and Rhino (7-SR8) on Win11 and made a couple of tests, but soon it stopped receiving objects from other software than rhino prompting the error: “Creating with 1 fallback values. fallback: could not bake object”

It creates layers, but doesn’t create objects edited in Blender, it only creates them if they come directly from Rhino.

It did import meshes from Rhino at the very beginning when I installed it, but it was quadruplicating each object, so I tried uninstalling and installing a previous version of Speckle, thinking it might be more compatible with my “old” Rhino, but it didn’t work out.

I tried to uninstall and re-install various versions, restarting the PC several times and I’m stuck with this error coming back all times.

Any clue or idea what I should check?
Thanks,

Hi @Antoniobernacchi,

Please could you share with me your latest log file from the following folder: %appdata%\Speckle\Logs\rhinoRhino7

Additionally, if possible, please could you share a link to the Speckle model that fails to receive.

2 Likes

Apologies for the delayed follow up, I didn’t get notifications for this thread.
Nevertheless, I found out that the problem was the firewall that was preventing Rhino from communicating. Now it works correctly.
Thanks,
best,

1 Like