Revit View Objects not containing any information

• Objective: I am trying to take a speckle model uploaded from revit. Via the graphQL query I can get an view object but honestly it does not contain what I would expect. Ideally we would like to be able to know which objects are associated with which view, or maybe at least the 3D crop of the view.

• Example: With the graphql query I can get the view object but it just has a lot of parameters which dont really contain anything

• Speckle link: We created an example model to try see what is going on.
    Viewer - for speckle - Speckle

Would greatly appreciate help if we are missing something related to how a view object in speckle would work from the revit connector.

Hi @jumpingjack,

Welcome to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: to the community if you want to! :grinning:

Can you please provide more context on what you are trying to achieve, so we can assist you better? Could you also clarify what you mean by ‘associated’? Are you referring to only the objects that are visible/rendered, or all the elements contained within a View?

Hey!

Thank you for your swift response, I will give the introduction a go!

So yes by associated I mean I would like to somehow get all objects that are contained/referenced in a view from Revit.

Please forgive me if I am wrong but Revit views allow you to include/exclude components into a view. The other way is to define a 3D bounding box to crop and only include those components into the view.

Either way I would like to try figure out a way to get those components through speckle. Right now the model in the attached link has a view defined by a 3D crop. See attached images for it in revit.

Is there a way to get those objects through the view object?