Revit unit issue with Reinforcement family

Hi there

I’m trying to send some reinforcement trought Speckle, unfortunately, I do get a semi-cryptic error message, see below. any ideas?
Also, revit part element do not seem to supportet - that’s I minor issue right now, nevertheless it might be worth adding it to the backlog ;).

Cheers and thanks for the awesome, great, amazing, … tool!

Mathias

The current Unit System is unsupported.
bei Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.UnitsToSpeckle(DisplayUnitType type)
bei Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.get_ModelUnits()
bei Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.GetElementDisplayMesh(Element elem, Options opt, Boolean useOriginGeom4FamilyInstance)
bei Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.RevitElementToSpeckle(Element revitElement)
bei Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.ConvertToSpeckle(Object object)
bei Speckle.ConnectorRevit.UI.ConnectorBindingsRevit.d__9.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\ConnectorRevit\ConnectorRevit\UI\ConnectorBindingsRevit.Send.cs:Zeile 85.

Hi @Ma_Ku,

Thanks for reporting this! It seems like something is going on with the unit conversion.

What units do you have set in your model?

@Ma_Ku that unit setup looks pretty standard :slight_smile: , if you could send us a sample project with the offending element/s we’ll have a look on our side!

What do you mean by “Revit part element”? If you could include that family too we’ll see if it’s supported by the API and will then add it to the backlog as well.

Thanks for reporting! and if you’d like, don’t forget to Introduce yourself 🙆

thanks, @teocomi !

Just sent you a DM with a link to the model. With regards to the part elements, I’m talking of these ones:

Nevertheless, I think that’s not an important feature right now, was we just have to create views with the original elements.

Thanks, Mathias

1 Like

Thanks for the link and sample model! I’ve added element parts to our list of TODOs, will keep you posted!

1 Like

Another qick update, I’ve found the unit issue, it seems Revit also has a DUT_METERS_CENTIMETERS unit (wtf Revit), I’ve added it to our converter logic and will be available with the next release!

Despite that, we don’t yet support rebar, I’ve also added that to our TODOs and will keep you posted on when it’s implemented. In general, we’re due adding support for quite a few structural items, but are planning to do so soon!

2 Likes