Revit point cloud to speckle

Hi there,
I got a revit model that is a survey based on a point cloud.
i can send to speckle the revit model separately and the point cloud separately.
but when i try to send them both i get a scale error.

the point cloud is scaled with 3.18… in revit but it seems it does not reflect that scale in speckle.

thanks.

We’ll check this out, thanks for the report!

How/where do you plan on using this pointcloud? This may help decide if it makes sense to send pointclouds already scaled or to send the original geometry with a scaling factor attached.

1 Like

Hi, the use for now is to use speckle as an online viewer for al the stakeholders in a project.

from an interoperability point of view, if the point cloud is scaled in revit, then i would like speckle to retain that particula value, so that when i receive data from speckle into a new revit file it would retain the scale factor, so that one could replace the received data with the original point cloud data, or even with a more dense point cloud data. than the scale factor and reference point would be crucial to overlaping the data correctly.

Thank you.

1 Like

Off topic: that point cloud is literally five minutes away from where i used to live :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Tracked here: fix(revit): send pointclouds with scaling factor · Issue #1458 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub
Should be done soon and will be included in release 2.8 :slight_smile:

from an interoperability point of view, if the point cloud is scaled in revit, then i would like speckle to retain that particula value, so that when i receive data from speckle into a new revit file it would retain the scale factor

A note on this: we currently don’t support receiving pointclouds in Revit, but this may be added in the future

1 Like