Revit import wrong location

Hello,

I have been importing a model from Speckle to Revit. When I do small chunks one by one, it was always fine. However, it deletes existing (as expected). Nonetheless, in small chunks is fine.However, when I import the whole model, it does something super strange in Revit at the end, it shifts a a lot of the elements without a reason. In Speckle, they are all correct.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on? You can see the images of the step by step and the full import

Failed
Speckle commite correct

1 Like

Hey @richardmih :wave:,

Can you share the stream and file used? You can post them here or send me a PM. We need to investigate a bit to understand whats going on.

Thank you🌹

1 Like

Hello,

I found a workaround. Apparently the issue comes when trying to join Structural framing. The beam that runs along the edge, forces the two pre-cast members you see in Image 3 moved, to move. When I turn in advance setting the allow join ie, make it disallow joint, it imports it correctly.
This is pretty inconvenient, as after that it requires me to go and allow the join inside Revit in order to achieve the desired result.

Thank you!

1 Like

Just to better understand, is it because received geometry is automatically joined? Or the exact opposite?
If there’s something we can do on our side, we want to do it. That’s why I’m asking.

@richardmih

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! While joining elements in Revit can be nice, it also can cause very strange behavior when trying to place, or especially move, objects.

I’d love to try to fix this so you don’t have to use a workaround. Would you be able to share your revit model (or perhaps a subset of the model that still contains several of the elements that are causing the issue) so I can work on a fix?

Hello @connor @gokermu ,

turned out the workaround worked only for some members. I tried a sample model with similar elements, just done in Revit,no speckle transfer, and it looks like Revit is the issue. I am in the process of figuring out if it is due to the Autodesk families, or the way Revit operates. The good news is, it is not a speckle issue.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Maybe this is interesting to share: when receiving joined element in Revit, I sometimes noticed a difference in result between a local and a BIM360 model. Receiving in the local model worked fine, but in a BIM360 (workshare) model some of the sloped roof beams jumped.

2 Likes