Receiving from empty branch

I’m a QA engineer at SketchUp, and trying to reproduce an issue where geometry from a Speckle stream shows some errors in SketchUp.

I only signed up yesterday, and so I think I have the latest Mac version (2.17.2). I tried making my own starter project, but when I go to the web page to see it there, I get to a 404 error page. If I manually go to my content I see my project, but the scene is empty.

For working out the geometry issue I am trying to receive a stream shared to me by @ChrisD

I see it in my Speckly 2.17.2 window in SketchUp, and click on Receive. After that I get an animated ‘requesting’ progress bar, that never starts to fill in. As with my own project, if I view the stream online I get a 404 page, saying this stream can’t be found: /streams/3494db15ed

If I go to my main page I can see the shared streams ok. This for example shows up in the browser: Viewer - QGIS - Speckle

Is there anything I need to do to get the panel inside SketchUp to receive from the right URL?

Hey @GilanTC,

Could you please help me more to understand the issue? What is the error in your Ruby Console when you try to receive it? Because I couldn’t reproduce the issue you were referring.

Looking forward to provide fix accordingly.

Here is what appears in Ruby Console when I initialize Speckle:

Loading Speckle Connector v2.17.2 from build

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

name: collect_versions

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

name: collect_preferences

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

name: init_local_accounts
Initialisation of Speckle accounts requested by plugin

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

name: load_saved_streams

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

name: notify_connected
Speckle connected!

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

name: notify_connected
Speckle connected!

COMMAND CALLED BY DIALOG

When I tried receiving the stream, no more lines appear in the console. I only see this animation that never ends.

ChrisD sorted me out. I had not selected a specific layer, and was taking from ‘main’. Once I chose one layer it then got to the download stage.

1 Like

Regardless, this is valid feedback that can happen to everybody. I’ve opened a ticket about it to address it in the next releases. And thanks for the help @ChrisD :slight_smile: