Question: Is it possible for me to use the sap2000 connector with v25.2.0

I have looked at the docs and seen that it says up to v24, but I am wondering if there is a workaround to try use it with v25. I don’t need much in terms of data transfer. I just want to have the geometry be uploaded to speckle then imported into Rhino as a mesh.

I would really like to get away from having to manually upload ifc files to speckle. Thank you for your help.

Hey @abreyjames ,

While it’s not been tested, you could try to manually load the plugin from " Tools > Add/Show Plugins…" and point it to “%localappdata%\Computers and Structures\SAP2000\Speckle2ETABS\SpeckleConnector.dll”

Let us know if it works!

1 Like

Hi @teocomi ,

Thank you so much for the reply. I have managed to get the speckle connector loaded into SAP 2000 v25, but this is the result when I send elements.

I am not sure what that error could be.

Howzit @abreyjames,

Do you mind including a snip of the log after sending?

I am currently looking at CSi topics, so perfect timing :sunglasses:

Hey @abreyjames,

@connor has found the issue :cool_spockle: . We have fixed this internally and it’s working on my end (running on V25 too). I’ll drop you a line when it’s available on Speckle Manager - may take a little :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @abreyjames,
The latest 2.20.0-wip6 release for SAP 2000 should be working.
You can update to this version via Speckle Manager:

• Options → Available versions
  • Show pre-releases
  • Install 2.20.0-wip6

Keep an eye out for the stable release version which should also be dropping soon. But for the meantime, this will work!

I’ll add support for v25 soon too, but the API is essentially the same, hence v25 should be working just as the previous versions.

Happy speckling and shout if there’s anything else :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thank you @bjoern, I installed the pre release and it is sending the data through to the speckle server.

@_Zutari

2 Likes

Niiiiiiiiiice @abreyjames ! Happy speckling - keep us in the loop :cool_spockle:

2 Likes