Powerbi Connector not showing up

We’ll investigate where this error is coming from, but I just checked your stream and that object you’re trying to retrieve only contains a list of 15 null values!

In general, we don’t expect users to be receiving geometry data like large meshes into PowerBI - could you elaborate on what you’re trying to do with your spiral mesh in PowerBI?

Properties like mesh faces and vertices are serialized as data chunks, which we are omitting in our connector since we assume these super long lists of vertex coordinates would not be useful to users. If we got that wrong, let us know!

2 Likes

Hey @clrkng ,

The idea is not much, its more of an initial study on how to connect powerbi with speckle and make an interactive session on power bi. Right Now, I didn’t put any data on dynamo script other than the Meshes. But once, I am successful in sending dat on powerbi , I will add more data to it, in order to see the effectiveness of interaction of speckle and powerbi. If that is successful, we can start deploying the projects on it and work forward.

Well, this is a plan!
Regards
SQ

Ah okay, if that’s the case you should try sending some data from Revit! There’s more data to play around with when you’re sending elements with non-geometry properties.

Looks like you did find a bug in how we handle Object urls however, which we will fix asap :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey there! Looked into it real quick and that error you were getting was actually an issue on our end.

I just published a new release that should fix it. This doesn’t fix the issue when sending a single object from dynamo, so be sure to send at least 2 meshes! :smiley: We’ll get to that soon enough, but it has to be fixed on the Dynamo side.

You can grab the latest release from here Release v0.0.7 · specklesystems/speckle-powerbi · GitHub

1 Like

Hey @AlanRynne ,

I will give it a try and Thank you for the update!

@clrkng Well, yes, True, will give it a go! Thanks again!

Regards
SQ

A post was split to a new topic: Power BI Connector not showing up