Power BI Not Filtering My Speckle Model Elements

I want to create a 4D visualization in PowerBI for a client, and I am able to load in the model, load in the raw schedule data that I sent to Speckle through Dynamo, and tie them all together in PowerBI so that they have the correct 1:1 relationships.

My problem began when my model (which was supposed to be yellow) showed up as grey. I switched the URL from the commit to the branch, and it brought my colors back.

After that, I’m still having issues with the model visualization responding to the filters that I apply in PowerBI.

If I set up the model so that it loads in the model visualization, then I convert that visualization to a table and filter it, it works. So I’m guessing I’m doing something wrong with how I’m loading in my model data. Can someone help me?

Here is a screenshot showing that my slicer visualization is set to filter out my model visualization and that my table visualization is showing everything (as it should)

When I roll the slicer back, it changes my table visualization, but not my model. (See next screenshot)

When I click on the model visual and hit “show data as table” my data IS being filtered, it’s just not updating the model visual:

@gokermu , do you have any ideas on where I am going wrong with this?

1 Like

Hey @bowen_utahbim ,

I have not yet tested our 3D Visual with data from Dynamo, as we have previously encountered issues with models from SketchUp. It is possible that we may encounter similar problems.

Could you please share the Speckle Model URL with me? You can share it here or in private and I will be happy to take a look.

Hi Bilal, did the links I sent over work for you?

Hi @bowen_utahbim ,

I saw your DM. We’re currently immersed in SpeckleCon and I haven’t had the opportunity to take a look at it yet. However, I will do my best to check it out tomorrow. In case I am unable to, I will definitely have a look at it on Thursday at the latest. Thank you for being patient with me.

Hey @bowen_utahbim ,

We have identified the root cause and are currently working on a fix. The fix will be included in the upcoming connector release (:crossed_fingers:).

Hey @bowen_utahbim ,

I am pleased to inform you that we have resolved the issue and it will be included in the upcoming release.

1 Like

Awesome!! Thanks Bilal!!

1 Like