Power BI - Data null

Hi, I just started playing with Power BI and I’m trying to import data from the stream, but when I import the data it shows up as zero or null. But there are values for this data, I already expanded the values but they still appear as zero or null. Can you help me?

Image from web stream

Other question, In Power BI it’s possible to select more than one element? (I was able to select only one at a time)

Hi @Zanoni!

The reason you’re getting null values in your table is because the GetByUrl function will return a flat list of every element contained in a speckle commit.

What this means is that if you have a nested structure of objects:

• IfcProject
    • IfcSite
      • IfcBuilding
        • IfcSlab
          • A mesh representation of that slab

What you’ll end up getting is a list containing those 5 objects:

• IfcProject
  • IfcSite
  • IfcBuilding
  • IfcSlab
  • A mesh representation of that slab

Since this list contains a mix of data types, when expanding the columns, whatever property doesn’t exist in an object will be null in that row.

In your screenshot for example, you can see that an IFCBEAM has no faces property, but the Objects.Geometry.Mesh above does :wink: Same would apply to the properties of the IFCBEAM, I’m sure they’re there somewhere in your table hehe

We usually recommend filtering the objects you want in your query after receiving, such as getting only the slabs or the columns (or both…). In some cases, you may want to just remove the geometry objects (the ones that have a speckle_type starting with Objects.Geometry)

1 Like

Thanks for the support.

Following the instructions for removing the geometry I was able to. But I realized that it’s better to import properties one element at a time.

Thanks

1 Like